Apply to EOPS!
Are you Ready to Join EOPS?
- You are a California resident or AB540 student.
- Your family has a history of low income
- You are the first generation in your family to attend college. Your parents have never received a four-year college degree, including any degree(s) from a foreign country.
- You are a high school graduate or passed the High School Proficiency Examination OR you did not graduate from high school but meet the college eligibility requirements through a GED program.
- You demonstrate academic potential and motivation.
If you are interested in assistance as you begin your college career you should consider joining MPC's EOPS program!
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) is a state funded program designed to assist low-income and educationally disadvantaged students gain access to and successfully complete a program of higher education. EOPS students may also be defined as “at risk” since students who are academically underrepresented and have financial need often do not succeed in college without the services of programs such as EOPS.
MPC, EOPS serves 400-500 students a year: a highly diverse population of men and women of all ages, various ethnicities/races/cultures, and in the full range of “life stages” from recent high school graduates to re-entry single parents to retired persons seeking a new career.
MPC's EOPS program is currently taking applications for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are interested in the support and services provided through this program apply online now!