Welcome to the MPC Academic Senate Web Page!
The Academic Senate meets the first and third Thursdays of each month at 2:30-4:15 at our **NEW VENUE**, the Sam Karas room.
- Check it out: Completed procedure on minimum qualifications and equivalency, now posted on AS equivalency page!
- Curious about acceleration of Math and English requirements and its potential impact on basic skills sequences and assessment practices? Here's a link to the California Acceleration Project's website: http://
- Join our faculty Google calendar. We now have a Google calendar of important dates for faculty. Here is a note from Kristin Darken as to how to access or join it. Thank you, Kristin!
- Inclusion statement written and shared by Andres Durstenfeld.
Dr. D. has written and shared this paragraph which would make a nice addition to our course syllabi. Thank you, Andres!
- Head's up! A new California Community Colleges initiative is afoot: The California Guided Pathways Project Here is a "must-watch" video in consideration of the value of Guided Academic Pathways and MPC’s need for them: Video of Bob Johnstone on guided pathways
- Don't forget to enter your course reflections!
What are you doing differently this semester? What are the most difficult learning outcomes for your students to reach? Please enter your reflections into TracDat- more directions on the SLO/Reflections webpage at the left.
- What's up in the statewide California Community College system?
Interested in learning more about how California Community Colleges work? Upcoming institutes put on by the State Academic Senate- Let me know if you are interested in attending!
- How do you want to be involved in our MPC community? Whose responsibility is it anyway?
- Why I embrace course reflections 20 minute TED talk by Geoffrey Canada