The Online Education Committee (OEC) serves as a recommending body to the College on matters related to online, hybrid, and web-enhanced face-to-face courses including online student support and success, online faculty support and training, online education systems and technologies, online education policies and procedures, and online education growth and development.
The mission of the Online Education Committee (OEC) is to support the development and delivery of quality online courses and programs.
- Recommend procedures for new online course and program approvals in collaboration with the Curriculum Advisory Committee.
- Recommend technical support policies and procedures for online faculty and students.
- Identify both technical and academic needs and solutions to support online student success.
- Review and assist in the development of online education reports, proposals, policies, and procedures.
- Recommend professional development activities for both online faculty and students.
- Review and recommend annual working goals and objectives in effort to continually improve online education at MPC.
- Recommend the potential role, scope, and directions of online instruction at MPC.
- Academic Affairs administrator in charge of online education, Co-chair
- The Faculty Coordinator for Distance Education, Co-Chair
- The MPC Online Instructional Technology Specialist
- Faculty members representing the following areas:
- Career Technical Education (online faculty member preferred),
- Liberal Arts(online faculty member preferred)
- Sciences (online faculty member preferred)
- At-large (online faculty member preferred)
- A representative from Student Services
- A representative from the Information Services Department
- A representative from the Office of Institutional Research
- A student representative
- Administrative Assistant from the office of Academic Affairs (Resource/Note-taking)