The College Technology Committee reports directly to the College Council regarding technology issues and provides information regarding institutional and academic technology needs to the college's Academic Affairs Advisory Group, Student Services Advisory Group and Administrative Services Advisory Group.
The primary purpose of the Committee is to assess campus technology resources and needs and develop and annually update a comprehensive Technology Plan. The committee will evaluate and review specific equipment, software and/or training which the college requires in order to fulfill its mission. Specific duties and responsibilities of the committee include but are not limited to:
- Annually assess campus technology resources and needs
- Create and annually update the college's Technology Plan
- Act as recommending resource to the College Council regarding technology issues
- Make recommendations regarding priorities for the acquisition of technology, hardware and software, during budget development and review processes. Such recommendations could include priorities for support staff, training, and access to computer resources and laboratories
- Recommend specifications and standards for the purchase, placement, operation, repair and replacement of technology resources as a part of the Action Plan process, grants, renovation and building projects and technology refreshment
- Review and make recommendations on the design and use of facilities and related technology resources
- Develop and recommend campus policy regarding use and control of technology resources
The Tech Committee meets on the 2nd Friday of every month, during the school year, from 2:00-3:30pm in LTC 216.
** Download the Tech Committee Bylaws. ** (Revision date: Oct 31, 2016)