- 2015-16 Implementation Plan, Adult Education Regional Consortium of the Monterey Peninsula
- Subscribe to our E-Newsletter today
- Adult Education Comprehensive Regional Plan, Monterey Peninsula
- Monterey Adult School
- Pacific Grove Adult Education
- Carmel Adult School
- AB 86 Adult Education Regional Planning
- Adult Education CalEdFacts
May Revise of Governor's Budget
KQED's The California Report
What is Adult Education?
Adult Education programs help prepare adults to participate effectively as citizens, workers, and family members. In California, Adult Education is offered by both K-12 Adult Schools and Community Colleges. Courses in these programs are sometimes distinguished from other courses because they are college preparatory, career technical, secondary, or elementary courses for adults. For example, many Adult Education courses prepare adult students to attend college classes or advance in their careers.
What is Adult Education Regional Planning?
In July of 2013, the California Legislature approved regional planning grants for Adult Education. These grants are part of a large piece of legislation, Assembly Bill 86 (AB 86) or the 2013-2014 budget trailer bill.
The Adult Education Regional Planning grants span from spring of 2014 through summer of 2015. They are intended to help Community Colleges and K-12 Adult Schools collaborate to better provide adults in their regions the following programs:
- Elementary and secondary basic skills, including classes required for a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for education services in citizenship and English as a Second
- Language and workforce preparation classes in basic skills
- Education programs for adults with disabilities
- Short-term career technical education programs with high employment potential
Programs for apprentices
Who is part of the Adult Education Regional Consortium of the Monterey Peninsula?
This consortium was established in 2014 to work collaboratively across K-12 and Community College systems on AB 86 Adult Education regional planning, and it will continue to serve our region in the coming years.
- Monterey Adult School, Monterey Peninsula Unified School District
- Monterey Peninsula College
- Pacific Grove Adult Education, Pacific Grove Unified School District
- Carmel Adult School, Carmel Unified School District