- ACEN Accreditation
- Are you interested in Nursing
- BSN Collaboration with CSUMB
- NCLEX Pass Rates for Monterey Peninsula College School of Nursing
- Nursing Course of Study
- Multi-criterion Selection Worksheet
- GPA Calculation Sheet
- NEW Alumni Newsletter!!
"I have had an exceptional experience at Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing. The faculty really gave me the support and tools I needed for a smooth transition from a LVN to a RN."
Class of 2014
The Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing at Monterey Peninsula College (MCCSN) offers the associate of science degree leading to RN licensure. The program is offered in partnership with Montage Health.
The School of Nursing is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) through 2019.
Comments about the program may be directed to these agencies at the following addresses:
California Board of Registered Nursing
- 1747 North Market Boulevard, Suite 150
- Sacramento, California 95834. (www.rn.ca.gov)
- Phone: (916) 322-3350
ACEN Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
- Atlanta, Georgia 30326. (www.acenursing.org)
- Phone: 404-975-5000
Program Outcomes: Graduates of the Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing, at entry level, are able to:
- Collaborate as providers of patient-centered care in meeting the health care needs of individuals in acute, long term and community-based settings.
- Coordinate the activities of the health care team, advocate on behalf of patients, teach patients and families, and direct safe nursing care as managers of care.
- Contribute to the profession as responsible members within the discipline of nursing.
Applicant Update: The ONLINE application cycle for class entering Fall 2017 will open on September 12th, 2016 and close on September 30th, 2016. Official transcripts for all pre-requisite course work must be sent directly to the nursing office. (Unofficial OK if completed at MPC.)
NEXT Public Information session: AUGUST 5th at 5 pm in Room NU 101.
Important Notice: The selection process for the generic ADN program is now based on a Multi-Criteria Screening Process as defined in AB 1559 (Berryhill) and California Education Code Section 78261. This law provides for a community college registered nursing program that determines the number of applicants to the program exceeds its capacity, to admit students using a multi-criteria screening process. For your information, the competitive multi-criterion score for Phase 1 for the immediate past applicant pool was 45 points, and for Phase 2 was 75 points. The competitive score is based on the top 40% of applicant scores, and so may vary from year to year.
Please review the RN Program Summary and Multicriterion Selection Worksheet links for more information, and plan to attend a public information session!