MPC Puts Students First!
Monterey Peninsula College recognized for their career education programs with outstanding workforce outcomes!
Multiple MPC Career Education programs have been named as "Strong Workforce Stars" because they have outstanding post-college outcomes in employment, earnings gains, and regional living wages, based on the Strong Workforce Program. Strong Workforce Stars are career education programs, also known as career technical education, whose students show significant gains in factors important for advancing social mobility. Strong Workforce Stars is an annual recognition for California Community Colleges programs across multiple sectors, and serves as an indicator that Monterey Peninsula College offers programs that become careers for students to receive an increase in earnings and employment in their field of study.
Several MPC programs have earned Star recognition because graduates attained one or more of the following thresholds for economic mobility:
- An increase in earnings by 50% or more
- Attainment of the regional living wage by 70% or more
- 90% or more are employed in a job similar to their field of study
The following MPC high-enrollment programs received a Bronze Star because they attained an increase in earnings or employed 100% of its graduates:
- Accounting students received a 119% increase in overall earnings
- Early Childhood Education employed 100% of graduates in a job similar to their field of study
- Software Applications received a 69% increase in their earnings
- Graphic Art and Design graduates received a 60% increase in overall earnings
- Administration of Justice provided a 50% increase in earnings to its graduates
- Fire Technology graduated 100% of their students into a job similar to their field of study
Our stellar MPC Nursing program received a Gold Star recognition because they attained multiple outcomes for its graduates:
- The Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing students received recognition for an increase of 99% in earnings, 79% of students attained a regional living wage, and ALL graduates are employed in a jobs similar to their field of study
Monterey Peninsula College is honored to receive such a recognition. We stand behind our mission of fostering student learning and achievement within our diverse community. We welcome you to join these students in a career that provides increased earnings, a living wage, and a job in your field of study. Register now and become another proud student who has the knowledge to make a difference!