Start Your Teaching Career Today!
EDUC 1: Introduction to Elementary Classroom Teaching
This course introduces students to the concepts and issues related to teaching diverse K-12 learners.
- teaching as a profession and career;
- historical and philosophical foundations of the U.S. education system;
- contemporary educational issues;
- California's content standards and frameworks;
- teacher performance standards
This course requires an additional 48 hours of fieldwork in public elementary classrooms and cooperation with at least one campus-approved certificated classroom teacher. This course is CSU/UC transferable!
Class Dates: 8/20-18-12/17/18
Class Times: 6:30-9:30pm