MPC is Fully Reaffirmed until 2023
On January 25, 2019, Monterey Peninsula College received official notice from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) that our accreditation was fully reaffirmed for the full 7-year accreditation cycle, through October 2023.
Over the past 2 years, the entire institution worked together with laser focus to address issues the Commission identified in their initial report in Fall 2016, and these efforts were rewarded when the ACCJC reviewed MPC's Follow-Up Report at its meeting January 9-11 and acted to reaffirm accreditation for the institution.
Superintendent/President Tribley lauded the College's accomplishments by stating, "These improvements are due to the tireless and dedicated efforts of the entire institution and are something of which we should all be proud, and we are committed to continuing this progress for the benefit of our students and our community. It is not sufficient simply to meet the standards; we must continuously strive to exceed them."
The institution has made great strides forward across many critical areas, which helps set them up for success as they prepare for changes coming down from the State.
A partial list of some notable achievements over the past 2 years include:
- fixing the structural deficit
- developing improved processes for assessment, planning, and resource allocation
- expanding dual enrollment at the high schools
For more details on MPC's reaffirmation of accreditation, please see these references:
- MPC Press Release: Monterey Peninsula College's Accreditation Fully Reaffirmed Until 2023 (January 29, 2019)
- ACCJC Action Letter for Reaffirmation of Accreditation (January 25, 2019)
- ACCJC Commission Actions on Institutions (January, 2019)
To learn more about MPC's accreditation and for access to supporting documentation and reports, please see our accreditation website: www.mpc.edu/accreditation.