Monterey Peninsula College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education.
The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, at its meeting between January 9-11, 2019, reviewed Monterey Peninsula College's Follow-Up Report (November 2018). The results of the accreditation process are included in the ACCJC Action Letter (January 2019). In the January 2019 Action Letter, the Commission provided official notice to reaffirm full accreditation through October 2023.
In addition to Monterey Peninsula College’s accreditation, the following programs have specialized or program-specific accreditation:
- Automobile Technician Training Program: NATEF Master Automobile Service Technology
- Dental Assisting: California State Board of Dental Examiners
- Emergency Medical Technician - County of Monterey Health Department
- Fire Academy: California State Fire Marshal
- Law Enforcement Academy: Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- Massage Therapy: California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC)
- Medical Assisting: American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Nursing: California Board of Registered Nursing and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Board of Governors of California Community Colleges
- Accreditation as listed in the 2018-2019 Catalog of Courses