WRITE DOWN THE CALLER’S ANSWERS
Ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
Talk to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
- Time of call
- Age and sex of caller
- Speech pattern, accent
- Emotional state of caller
- Background noises
After Receiving Call:
- Immediately notify Security and give them the information outlined above.
- If an evacuation is warranted, follow the directions of Security or personnel in charge as they may direct you to a regrouping area. DO NOT EVACUATE CAMPUS UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO.
- Upon vacating the building/area, assist others if possible, and direct them to the regrouping
area. Keep walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- To the best of your ability, without re-entering the building, assist College Security or college staff to determine if everyone has evacuated safely.
- An Emergency Operations Center will form as a result of this incident and will be the source of information and plan of action.
- If you receive a letter or package containing suspicious contents, DO NOT HANDLE; report it to your supervisor and contact Security. Vacate area if appropriate to do so.