In the event of a violent accident (explosion, aircraft crash) on campus which may render a building or area unsafe, the following action should be taken:
- Immediately take cover under tables, or behind objects for protection against glass or debris.
- When safe to do so, call 911, and/or notify Security at 646-4099 and give your name, location and nature of the emergency.
- Be aware of structural damage and unstable areas of debris and avoid glass doors or any suspicious objects.
- Assist others, especially the injured and persons with disabilities, in evacuating the building/area.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 50 feet away from the affected building. Keep the walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- The Emergency Operations Center will form as a result of the incident and will be the source of information and plan of action.
- DO NOT RETURN TO A BUILDING UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO BY A COLLEGE OFFICIAL OR A FIRE OFFICER.