What does it mean to be a Hispanic Serving Institution?
The Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions (DHSI) Program (Title V, Part A) provides grants to assist HSIs to expand educational opportunities for, and improve the attainment of, Hispanic students. These grants also enable HSIs such as Monterey Peninsula College to expand and enhance our academic offerings, program quality, and institutional stability. The purpose is to:
- To expand educational opportunities for: and improve the academic attainment of Hispanic students; and
- Expand and enhance the academic offerings, program quality, and institutional stability of the colleges and universities that enroll the majority of Hispanic students.
About the Title V Grant: Ready, Set, Transfer
Ready, Set, Transfer (RST), is a comprehensive theme utilized throughout our projects that will expand institutional capacity to significantly increase transfer and degree completion with emphasis on narrowing the performance and outcome gaps among Hispanic and underrepresented students. The grant has three components/ goals that all activities should fall under:
Improving Placement and Progression of Incoming Hispanic and Underserved Students
Building a Culture of Transfer at MPC that Accelerates and Promotes Degree Completion and Transfer
Strengthening Connection and Improve Transferability of Programs between MPC and CSUMB.
Title V - Ready, Set, Transfer Programs
- Ready, Set, Transfer Center
- Summer Jump Start Program
- Teacher Preparation Program
- Faculty & Staff Professional Development Grants