The Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee is charged with monitoring bond-related expenditures at Monterey Peninsula College. The Board of Trustees established the committee in February 2003 following voter approval of the college's $145 million bond measure in November 2002. The committee consists of ten members who represent the local business community, a senior citizen's organization, students, a college support organization, taxpayer's organization, and the community at large. Meetings are held quarterly and are open to the public.
- Mr. Hunter Harvath, CHAIR, Monterey County Hospitality Association
- Mr. Rob Lee, VICE CHAIR, Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Dan Albert, Jr., Community Member
- Dr. Linda Turner Bynoe, Monterey Peninsula College Foundation
- Mr. Dave Hober, Community Member
- Ms. Ellise Kittrell, Associated Students of Monterey Peninsula College
- Mr. Jeffrey Riehl, Gentrain Society
- Vacant, Carmel Foundation
- Vacant, Monterey Peninsula Taxpayers Association
NOTICE: MPC CBOC Seeks New Members
Two vacancies exist for representatives on the MPC Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee:
- One vacancy for a representative of a senior citizens' organization.
- One vacancy for a representative active in a bona-fide taxpayers association.
The membership positions listed below will become available following the November 4, 2019 meeting of the MPC Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee:
- One representative active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One representative active in a support organization for the college.
The application period will remain open until the vacancies are filled. The application packet is available at the link below: