MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

Worker's Compensation

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What is worker’s compensation?

  • One event at work. Examples: hurting your back in a fall, getting burned by a chemical that splashes on your skin, getting hurt in a car accident while making deliveries.
  • Repeated exposures at work. Examples: hurting your hand, back, or other part of the body from doing the same motion over and over, losing your hearing because of constant loud noise.

What are the benefits?

  • Medical Care. Paid for by your employer, to help you recover from an injury or illness caused by work. This includes doctor visits and other treatment services, tests, medicines, equipment, and travel costs reasonably necessary to treat your injury.
  • Temporary Disability Benefits. Payments if you lose wages because your injury prevents you from doing your usual job while recovering.
  • Permanent Disability Benefits. Payments if you don’t recover completely and your injury causes a permanent loss of physical or mental function that a doctor can measure.
  • Death Benefits. Payments to your spouse, children, or other dependents if you die from a job injury or illness.

Employee Injury or Illness At Work 

#1 Report the injury or illness to your employer. Make sure your supervisor or someone else in management knows as soon as possible. If your injury or illness developed gradually (like tendinitis or hearing loss), report it as soon as you learn or believe it was caused by your job. Reporting promptly helps avoid problems and delays in receiving benefits, including medical care. If your employer does not learn about your injury within 30 days, you could lose your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits.

#2 Your employer must give or mail you a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC 1) within one working day after you report your injury or illness (or your employer learns about it). You use this form to request workers’ compensation benefits. Your employer must fill out and sign the “employer” portion of the form and give the completed form to a claims administrator.

#1 Get emergency treatment if needed. If it’s an emergency, call 911 or go to an emergency room right away. Your employer must make sure that you have access to emergency treatment right away and may tell you where to go for treatment. Tell the medical staff that your injury or illness is job-related.

Forms and Documents


Worker's Compensation Medical Providers


Doctors-on-Duty - Marina
3130 Del Monte Boulevard
Marina, CA 93933
Ph: (831) 883-3330
Fax: (831) 883-3335

Doctors-on-Duty - Salinas, South Main
31212 South Main Street
Salinas, CA  93901
Ph: (831) 422-7777
Fax: (831) 422-0136

Doctors-on-Duty - Monterey
2260 North Fremont
Monterey, CA 93940
Ph: (831) 372-6700
Fax: (831)373-6234

Doctors-on-Duty - Watsonville
1505 Main Street
Watsonville, CA 95076
Ph: (831) 722-1444
Fax: (831) 722-4414
Doctors-on-Duty - Monterey, Lighthouse
501 Lighthouse Ave
Monterey, CA 93940
Ph: (831) 649-0770
Fax: (831) 649-0142



Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula
23625 WR Holman Highway
Monterey, CA 93940
Ph: (831) 624-5311
Fax: (831) 622-2648