The Academic Affairs Advisory Group is one of three College Council advisory groups under the current administrative organization - Academic Affairs, Administrative Services, and Student Services.
AAAG provides a forum for communication among its membership about campus issues of common interest. Members are charged with representing the interests of their constituency at AAAG and with communicating back to their constituency the discussions and decisions of AAAG.
- AAAG makes recommendations for action to College Council on issues of policy (including Board Policy), planning, and resource allocation.
- AAAG makes recommendations to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs on operational issues.
- Academic Affairs Vice-President, Chair
- All Division Chairs: Business and Technology, Counseling, Creative Arts, Humanities, Library, Life Sciences, Physical Education, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences
- Dean of Instructional Planning
- Dean of Instruction
- Associate Dean of Instructional Technology and Development
- Director of Nursing
- 1 representative of Student Services instructional faculty
- Director, Information Systems
- Director, Public Safety Training Center
- 1 student representative
- 1 MPCEA representative
- 1 MS (Management and Supervisors) representative
The Academic Affairs Vice President and the Director of Information Systems are non-voting members of AAAG.
Member Roles and Responsibilities
Attend and fully participate in advisory group meetings
Be knowledgeable of current Academic Affairs policies and procedures
Communicate information and assist division members they represent regarding matters discussed at advisory group meetings
Serve on subcommittees as needed
Meetings are normally scheduled monthly on the first and third Wednesday of each semester. Additional meetings may be called by the chair as necessary. All meetings are open to anyone wishing to attend.
Additional information about the Academic Affairs Advisory Group, web resources and committee documents can be found on the Academic Affairs Advisory Group (AAAG) Intranet site. (Login required)