Welcome to the MPC Academic Senate Web Page!
The Academic Senate meets the first and third Thursdays of each month at 2:30-4:15 in the Sam Karas room.
- The Flex Day Survey is now available. The Flex Day Committee is already planning for next semester so, your input, feedback, or ideas are greatly appreciated.
- Faculty and Staff Advancement Awards are due September 17th. See the Foundation website for details.
- Don't forget to enter your course reflections!
What are you doing differently this semester? What are the most difficult learning outcomes for your students to reach? Please enter your reflections into TracDat- more directions on the SLO/Reflections webpage at the left.
The California Community Colleges Board of Governors embraced an ambitious strategic plan calling for sizeable increases in the number of students transferring to a University of California or California State University campus, substantial improvements in preparing students for in-demand jobs and eliminating the achievement gap altogether. Read full press release here.
The ASCCC's September Senate Rostrum is now available and includes the following articles:
- Recognizing the Excellence of Our Colleagues through Statewide and Local Awards
- The Vision for Success and Guided Pathways: Responding to Change
- The California Community College and Intermediate Algebra
- Guided Pathways—What Are They and Where Are We Going?
- Civic Engagement and Civil Discourse: If Not Now, Then When?
- Curriculum Streamlining
- The History of the ASCCC Project: A Partial History of the Passage of AB 1725
Interested in learning more about how California Community Colleges work? Upcoming institutes put on by the State Academic Senate- Let me know if you are interested in attending!
- How do you want to be involved in our MPC community? Whose responsibility is it anyway?
Join our faculty Google calendar. We now have a Google calendar of important dates for faculty. Here is a note from Kristin Darken as to how to access or join it. Thank you, Kristin!
- Why I embrace course reflections 20 minute TED talk by Geoffrey Canada
- What's up in the statewide California Community College system?
- Inclusion statement written and shared by Andres Durstenfeld.
Dr. D. has written and shared this paragraph which would make a nice addition to our course syllabi. Thank you, Andres!
- Head's up! A new California Community Colleges initiative is afoot: The California Guided Pathways Project Here is a "must-watch" video in consideration of the value of Guided Academic Pathways and MPC’s need for them: Video of Bob Johnstone on guided pathways
- Check it out: Completed procedure on minimum qualifications and equivalency, now posted on AS equivalency page!
- Curious about acceleration of Math and English requirements and its potential impact on basic skills sequences and assessment practices? Here's a link to the California Acceleration Project's website: http://