Welcome to the MPC Academic Senate Web Page!
The Academic Senate meets the first and third Thursdays of each month at 2:30-4:15 in the Sam Karas room. The agenda is determined by the Senate Executive Committee one week prior to each meeting. Any requests for agenda items should be submitted for consideration in writing or email to the Academic Senate President directly or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Executive Committee meeting.
- Apply for a Faculty and Staff Advancement Award. See the Foundation website for details.
- Don't forget to enter your course reflections!
What are you doing differently this semester? What are the most difficult learning outcomes for your students to reach? Please enter your reflections into TracDat- more directions on the SLO/Reflections webpage at the left.
The California Community Colleges Board of Governors embraced an ambitious strategic plan calling for sizeable increases in the number of students transferring to a University of California or California State University campus, substantial improvements in preparing students for in-demand jobs and eliminating the achievement gap altogether. Read full press release here.
Check out the ASCCC's Rostrum articles! The statewide Academic Senate of California Community Colleges continues to publish well researched and timely articles about the very issues that we are encountering or will be encountering on our campus. Please also browse their website for all their publications and resolutions and information about their institutes and plenary sessions.
Interested in learning more about how California Community Colleges work? Upcoming institutes put on by the State Academic Senate- Let me know if you are interested in attending!
- How do you want to be involved in our MPC community? Whose responsibility is it anyway?
Join our faculty Google calendar. We now have a Google calendar of important dates for faculty. Here is a note from Kristin Darken as to how to access or join it. Thank you, Kristin!
- Why I embrace course reflections 20 minute TED talk by Geoffrey Canada
- What's up in the statewide California Community College system?
- Inclusion statement written and shared by Andres Durstenfeld.
Dr. D. has written and shared this paragraph which would make a nice addition to our course syllabi. Thank you, Andres!
- Head's up! A new California Community Colleges initiative is afoot: The California Guided Pathways Project Here is a "must-watch" video in consideration of the value of Guided Academic Pathways and MPC’s need for them: Video of Bob Johnstone on guided pathways
- Check it out: Completed procedure on minimum qualifications and equivalency, now posted on AS equivalency page!
- Curious about acceleration of Math and English requirements and its potential impact on basic skills sequences and assessment practices? Here's a link to the California Acceleration Project's website: http://