Basic Skills Committee Mission Statement
The BSI Committee is committed to supporting highly coordinated, integrated, and collaborative learning and support environments; raising awareness of basic skills; removing academic barriers; facilitating smooth academic transitions; creating clearer pathways to student success in both academic and vocational areas; and providing student-focused approaches to learning.
Committee Members for 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Carrie Ballard (Faculty-CoChair), Academic Advising
- Elizabeth Bishop, Faculty/Mathematics
- LaKisha Bradley, Director of Student Success and Equity
- Adria Gerard, Director of English & Study Skills Center
- Penny Partch, English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
- Kathleen Rozman, Instructor/Learning Disabilities Specialist
- Alison Shelling, Adjunct Faculty/Fashion, CTE Coordinator
- Glenn Tozier, Digital Services Librarian
- Cathryn Wilkinson (Administrative Co-Chair), Dean of Instruction - Liberal Arts
- Nancy Harray, Faculty/English
- Anthony Villarreal, Faculty/Sociology
Additional information about the BSI Committee at MPC, upcoming conferences & events, and web resources and committee documents can be found on the MPC BSI Intranet site.