As a subcommittee to President's Advisory Group, the Budget Committee:
- Evaluates previous year's budget (revenue, projections, actuals, etc..), timelines, and processes and reports findings to College Council.
- Contextualizes institutional information in respect to the budget. Information to include, but is not limited to the following:
- Institution-set standards
- Education Master Plan/institutional goals and objectives
- Program reflections summaries
- Program review updates and action plans
- Reviews and/or analyzes budget information, including, but not limited to the following:
- The Superintendent's/President's planning assumptions
- The Governor's budget information
- The college's enrollment trends over the past few years
- The "Audit - Annual Financial Report"
- Distills institutional information to inform budget managers
- Presents/distributes budget packets (including relevant institutional information) to the campus community through electronic means
- Offers budget workshops to help inform campus community about budget construction and process
- Reviews the budget as Governors may revise, affirming revenue assumptions
- Following the budget assumptions and processes, summarizes the budget information and presents to President's Advisory Group
The Budget Committee meets monthly on Friday afternoons in room 216 in the Library and Technology Center.
Additional information about the Budget Committee at MPC, web resources and committee documents can be found on the MPC Budget Committee Intranet site (login required).