MPC Curriculum Deadlines At a Glance
- October 1: Deadline to submit all new and revised course and program proposals into review process for possible inclusion in the following year catalog.
- October-December: Course and program proposals are reviewed by Divisions, Deans, VPAA, Technical Review, and Curriculum Advisory Committee for possible inclusion in the following year catalog.
- March 1: Deadline to receive all curriculum approval from the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, BACCC, and ACCJC for inclusion in the following year catalog.
View the MPC Catalog timeline for a complete list of curriculum deadlines.
The Curriculum Advisory Committee reviews and recommends new courses and academic programs. It also reviews curricular revisions and supplements. The Committee recommends new curricula to the Governing Board, which gives final approval for courses. Subcommittees of CAC review and recommend courses for inclusion in general education patterns (MPC, CSU, and IGETC) and review and recommend graduation requirements.
Curriculum Advisory Committee Members
|Academic Senate Faculty Representative||Dr. Fred Hochstaedter||(3 years)|
|Access Resource Center Faculty||Vacant||(3 years)|
|Articulation Officer||He Seon Ihn||(standing position)|
|Basic Skills Faculty||Beth Penny||(3 years)|
|Business and Technology Faculty||David Seagal||(3 years)|
|Counseling Faculty||LaRon Johnson||(3 years)|
|Creative Arts Faculty||Dr. Gamble Madsen (CAC Chair)||(3 years)|
|ESL Faculty||Richard Abend||(3 years)|
|Humanities Faculty||Vacant||(3 years)|
|Library Faculty||Vacant||(3 years)|
|Life Science Faculty||Vacant||(3 years)|
|Nursing Faculty||Laura Loop||(3 years)|
|Physical Education Faculty||Vacant||(3 years)|
|Physical Science Faculty||Lynn Iwamoto||(3 years)|
|Social Science Faculty||Rachel Whitworth||(3 years)|
|Student||Kendall Diaz||(1 year)|
Resources (Standing Positions, Non-voting)
|Academic Curriculum, Schedule, & Catalog Technician||Kim Kingswold|
|CurricUNET Specialist||Laura Patterson|
|Dean of Instruction - CTE||Judy Cutting|
|Dean of Instruction - Liberal Arts||Dr. Cathryn Wilkinson|
|Dean of Instruction - Library, Learning Resources, and Online Education||Dr. Jon Knolle|
|Dean of Instruction - STEM||Dr. Vincent van Joolen|
|Vice President of Academic Affairs||Kiran Kamath|
Course and Program Building Resources
- Baccalaureate-Level Course Determination (May 1997)
- ASSIST.ORG: Do you know where your course transfers today?
- CSU GE Standards (2017)
- Guiding Notes for GE Reviewers (October 2017)
- MPC GE Standards (2016)
- PCAH 6th Edition (July 2017)
- MPC 2017-2018 Catalog
- MPC Catalog Timeline
- IGETC Standards (May 2017)
- ASCCC Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide Revisited (2017)
- SB 1440
- Templates for Transfer Model Curriculum: Associate Degrees for Transfer
- C-ID (Course Identification Numbering System)
- Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
- Title 5, Division 6, Chapter 6
- California Education Code
- Chancellor's Office White Paper on Streamlining Curriculum Processes (2017)