- Determine professional development needs involving the development and assessment of SLOs
- Provide/organize professional development opportunities designed to address the development and assessment of SLOs
- Develop a learning community around assessment and its benefits
Development of SLOs
- Develop/review/revise guidelines for the development of course, program, service area and Institutional SLOs
- Examples include Blooms Taxonomy, accessibility, relationship to objectives, etc.
- Content of SLOs will remain with discipline faculty or service area
- Review course and program SLOs submitted during the curriculum development/review process to ensure quality according to guidelines developed by the committee
- Review service area SLOs during their development/review process to ensure quality based on guidelines developed by the committee
- Review institutional SLOs at appropriate times
Assessment of SLOs
- Collaborate with instructional and service areas to establish cycles of assessment for course, program, service area and institutional outcomes
- Ensure observance of established assessment cycles
- Develop/review/revise guidelines for appropriate assessment of course, program, service area and institutional SLOs
- Review course, program, service area and institutional SLO assessments submitted during the Reflections process to ensure quality according to guidelines developed by the committee
- Collaborate with appropriate campus committees to ensure integration of assessment results into planning and resource allocation activities
- Organize and provide information for the SLO portions of the ACCJC annual reports
- SLO Coordinator. Co-chair
- Representative appointed by the Superintendent/ President, Co-chair
- Four faculty appointed at least one from student services and at least one from instruction
- VP or designee from Academic Affairs
- VP or designee from Student Services
- VP or designee from Administrative Services
- Resource: Staff member to record minutes and track SLOs
The Learning Assessment Committee meets the second and fourth Monday of each month during the Fall and Spring semesters. The Committee does not meet during the Summer semester. The Committee currently meets 12:30-1:50 pm in LTC-216.
Additional information about Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness web resources and committee documents can be found on the MPC LAC Intranet site (login required).
*For more information and resources for Student Learning Outcomes and Reflections, please visit the SLO webpage on the Academic Senate site.