The Student Services Advisory Group is an Administrative Unit Group that serves to advise and inform the Vice President of Student Services
SSAG provides a forum for communication among its membership about campus issues of common interest. Members are charged with representing the interests of their constituency at SSAG and with communicating back to their constituency the discussions and decisions of SSAG .
- SSAG implements procedures related to Student Services
- Advises the VP Student Services on matters related to the implementation of policies, procedures and day-to-day operations
- Collaborates on solutions to operational challenges related to Student Services
- Makes recommendations to the Superintendent/President on Board Policies, planning and resource allocation related to Student Services
- Reviews and prioritizes faculty positions within Student Services
- Develops priorities for instructional equipment
- Vice President of Student Services, Chair
- Once faculty member appointed by Academic Senate
- One classified staff member appointed by MPSEA
- One student appointed by the Associated Students of MPC
- One representative of the Library Technology Center
- Departmental lead or designee from each of the following"
Meeting are normally scheduled to meet the first and third Thursday of every month at 1:00 pm in the LTC 216.
Additional information about the Student Services Advisory Group at MPC, web resources and committee documents can be found on the MPC SSAG Intranet site.