The English & Study Skills Center now offers appointments for face-to-face or online tutorial sessions with our faculty and staff. Click the button above to make an appointment or to access an appointment you have already made.
*ENGL 400 students are limited to two 30-minute appointments per week. Given availability, drop-ins may be an additional option.
Welcome to the English & Study Skills Center
Students who need help with assignments from English classes or classes that require English skills are encouraged to come to the English & Study Skills Center for assistance.
The ESSC offers the following services:
- Free writing, research, and computer assistance
- Self-paced classes to improve your reading, writing, vocabulary, or study skills
- State-of-the-art technology for research, composing, and printing
- Scanners, copiers, and a color printer for your academic projects
- A quiet academic atmosphere
The English & Study Skills Center has over one hundred Windows-based PCs available for MPC student use. The Microsoft Office suite of programs is installed on all computers. All computers have assistive software from Kurzweil Educational Systems to help with reading, writing, and study skills. In addition, several computers have attached scanners with Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installed.