Welcome to the Reading Center!
Avoid reading assignments?
Watch The Science of Reading to see how three skills help and hinder reading.
What do we do?
- We show students techniques for remembering and understanding what they read.
- We provide support for assignments in other classes.
- We teach study strategies.
- We help non-native speakers with pronunciation.
How do we do it?
- We use one-on-one or small group tutoring sessions.
- We help students build their visual memory, phonemic awareness and concept imagery.
- We use innovative, nationally acclaimed literacy techniques.
- We always have respect, understanding, and acceptance of individualized learning needs.
Be more successful in your college classes, and improve your reading and spelling abilities by enrolling in these classes:
Reading Support Sites