PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Classes offered by the Physical Education Department include activities such as basketball, golf, swimming, soccer, tennis, pickleball, volleyball and beach volleyball.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION AIDE ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE DEGREE (CAREER TECHNICAL)
This program is designed for individuals interested in working in the field of physical education. It prepares them for paraprofessional jobs in schools and fitness programs by instructing them in group work, safety, and knowledge of injuries. The Physical Education Aide Associate in Science program also offers a wide variety of sports activity courses.
Students also have the option to complete an Associate in Science Degree (Career Technical Degree). Upon successfully completing the program, student will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of safety in a physical education activity.
- Assist or lead various physical fitness/education activities in a group setting.
- Identify injuries common to fitness activities and basic treatment.
- Apply basic physical training principles in designing fitness training programs.
- Identify career options in health, physical education and fitness.
- Analyze how physical, social, emotional, and/or intellectual factors contribute to wellness and healthful living.