PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Classes offered by the Physical Education Department include activities such as golf, swimming, tennis and volleyball. Skill development classes are offered for athletes in their off-season. Lecture classes include Introduction to Kinesiology, Fitness and Wellness Strategies, as well as The Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries and Fitness Exercise Physiology.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATE IN ARTS (Transfer Preparation)
The Physical Education Division offers an Associate in Arts Transfer Preparation Degree. Upon successfully completing the program, students will have the ability to:
- Analyze how physical, social, emotional, and/or intellectual factors contribute to wellness and healthful living.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION AIDE
Students also have the option to complete an Associate in Science Degree (Career Technical Degree). Upon successfully completing the program, student will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of safety in a physical education activity.
- Assist or lead various physical fitness/education activities in a group setting.
- Identify injuries common to fitness activities and basic treatment.
- Apply basic physical training principles in designing fitness training programs.
- Identify career options in health, physical education and fitness.