Associate in Science for Transfer
The Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer degree (AS-T in Mathematics) program provides students with sufficient understanding of mathematical concepts, skills, and applications to attain upper division status in mathematics at a four-year college or university, majoring in mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science. Successful completion of the transfer degree in mathematics guarantees the student acceptance to a California State University (but does not guarantee acceptance to a particular campus or major) to pursue a baccalaureate degree in mathematics or related major, in preparation to pursue a career in the field of mathematics, engineering, statistics, actuarial science, business and management, law enforcement, government, and education. Students must complete the Associate Degree for Transfer requirements to earn the AS-T degree.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Analyze and evaluate complex issues or problems, draw reasoned conclusions and/or generate solutions, and effectively communicate their results.
Complete Major, CSU General Education or IGETC Pattern, and 60 transferable units.
Associate Degree Major Requirements (UNITS)
REQUIRED CORE (12)
- MATH 20A Calculus w/Analytic Geometry I (4)
- MATH 20B Calculus w/Analytic Geometry II (4)
- MATH 20C Calculus of Several Variables (4)
Choose a minimum of 6 units from below with at least 3 units from LIST A*.
LIST A: Select one course from the following: (3)
- MATH 31 Linear Algebra (3)
- MATH 32 Differential Equations (3)
LIST B: Select one course from the following or any course from LIST A not already used: (3-4)
- CSIS 10A Programming Methods I: Java (4)
- ENGR 17 Technical Computing w/MATLAB (3)
- MATH 16 Elementary Statistics (3)
- MATH 40 Discrete Mathematics (3)
- PHYS 3A Science & Engineering Physics I (4)
*NOTE: While 3 units are required from LIST A, no units are required from LIST B.
TOTAL MAJOR UNITS: 18-19