For the 2018~2019 academic year, students who utilized STEM CEL had:
15% increased success rate
4.84% decreased unsuccessful rate
10% decreased withdrawal rate
versus students who did not utilize STEM CEL.
STEM CEL is open for Summer 2020. We will be operating fully online. Check out the following links to gain access to free tutoring.
If you are experiencing technical issues regarding online tutoring, please email one of the coordinators. We will assist you as soon as possible.
Get free tutoring!
STEM CEL is a designated study space provided by MPC for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math students offering many resources to help students succeed. Tutor support for the majority of MPC STEM disciplines is provided at STEM Center. STEM Tutors are trained to assist with questions, direct studies, and help STEM students find access to support and resources to improve self-study, equipping them for success beyond MPC. STEM CEL is free to drop in for studying in a peer supported environment - just sign in!
- Support student academic success by providing assistance for MPC STEM classes; Tutoring, STEM library, STEM materials (calculators, laptops).
- Provide a place for STEM students to meet in study groups, work on homework, and pursue STEM projects.
- Offer STEM internship and volunteer opportunities to help students achieve success in pursuing STEM careers.
- Host STEM Internship/Employment Recruiters
- Provide Mentorship & Assistance with STEM internship/employment applications and resume
List of Subjects we tutor
Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Oceanography
Free tutoring, Food for thought—Snacks, Coffee, Tea, Graphing/Scientific Calculators, Books, Laptops
Python, Java, BlueJ, Chemistry Model Sets, Big Whiteboards, Personal Whiteboards, Maps, Protractor