Library Cards for Students
Students age 18 or older can apply online or download and fill out the MPC Library Card Application.
Students under the age of 18 must fill out an application for minors and obtain a signature from a parent or legal guardian.
Library Cards for Faculty and Staff
Current MPC faculty and staff may obtain a library card by applying in person at the library or by filling out the online application. Faculty members who retire from the MPCCCD with Faculty Emeritus status (as described in Governing Board Policy 5345) are eligible for lifetime library privileges at the faculty level.
Library Cards for Community Users
If you are not a student at Monterey Peninsula College, you may still be eligible for a library card as a Community User. A Community User must be 18 years or older AND provide proof of residence for one of the locales as defined by the Monterey Community College District:
- Big Sur
- Carmel Valley
- Del Rey Oaks
- Fort Ord
- Pacific Grove
- Pebble Beach
- Sand City
Acceptable Proof of Residence includes a valid driver’s license with a local address, a current PG&E or phone bill with a local address, a current bank account statement, a currently postmarked letter mailed to your residence or a current rental agreement or deed of trust.
MPC Library Card Application
Please read the following guidelines before applying.
- To apply for a MPC Library card online, you must be a currently enrolled MPC student (age 18 or older). Students under 18 years of age require a parent or legal guardian signature and must apply in person at the Library.
- If you are MPC faculty or staff, please fill out the online application or come into the library and apply in person.
- Community members (age 18 and older) who live in the MPC College District may also apply for a library card but must do so in person to provide proof of residency (see "Community Users" information above).
- Library Card applications are processed the next business day and mailed to the address you have noted on the application.
- To pick up your card at the circulation desk, note this in the "Questions or comments regarding this application" section at the bottom of the page.
If the college does not have your current address or you need your Library Card immediately, you will need to come to the Library anytime during our open hours.
Click here to open Library Card Application