- MCCSN Program of Study
- Program Outcome Data and End-of-Program Learning Outcomes
- Program Cost Info
- Multi-Criterion Selection Worksheet
- ACEN Accreditation
- Are you interested in Nursing
- Alumni Newsletter
- GPA Calculation Sheet
- Info Session Powerpoint
- Admissions Process audio (from Nursing Readiness course fall 2017):
- MCCSN Admissions Process
- Credit for Previous Education in the field of Nursing (SB466)
- MCCSN Technical Standards
- Military Education-Experience
- NCLEX Pass Rates for Monterey Peninsula College School of Nursing
“The education and support I received at MCCSN were outstanding. Not only are the instructors fantastic, they are so supportive and truly help each student to succeed. The clinical experiences and rigorous lectures made me feel very well-prepared for the NCLEX-RN exam and for beginning practice as a registered nurse. I am so thankful for having graduated from such a wonderful program”
Class of 2018
The Marine Church Coburn School of Nursing at Monterey Peninsula College (MCCSN) offers the associate of science degree leading to RN licensure. The program is offered in partnership with Montage Health.
The School of Nursing is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), most recent re-approval visit March 2017. The associate degree program is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) through fall 2019.
Comments about the program may be directed to these agencies at the following addresses:
California Board of Registered Nursing
- Board of Registered Nursing
PO Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100 (www.rn.ca.gov)
- Phone: (916) 322-3350
ACEN Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
- Atlanta, Georgia 30326. (www.acenursing.org)
- Phone: 404-975-5000
- Fax: 404-975-5020
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLIC INFORMATION SESSION: See calendar of events
Program Outcomes: At the end of the program of study at the Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing, graduates are able to:
- collaborate as team members in providing safe and effective health care to individuals in acute, long-term and community-based settings.
- coordinate the activities of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- advocate on behalf of patients through patient and family teaching.
- direct evidence-based and patient-centered nursing care.
- contribute to the profession as responsible members within the discipline of nursing.
Applicant Update as of July 20, 2018: The application cycle for the class entering Fall 2018 is now closed. Applications will be available online from September 10th thru the 28th, deadline is 3pm on the 28th, for class entering Fall 2019.
Scoring results for the class entering Fall 2018: The Phase 2 competitive score was 80 points out of a possible 100. To fill the class with 32 students, the actual select score was 75 points out of a possible 100. Tied scores were settled by random selection with preference given to those who had applied in a previous cycle.
The NURS 150 audio presentation of the MCCSN admissions process has been added to "Related Links" (left of this page). This is the info presented during public info sessions. The audio runs approximately 30 minutes.
Questions?? Call us at 831-646-4258 or 831-646-3025
Notice: The selection process for the generic ADN program is now based on a Multi-Criteria Screening Process as defined in AB 548 and California Education Code Section 78261. This law provides for a community college registered nursing program that determines the number of applicants to the program exceeds its capacity, to admit students using a multi-criteria screening process. For your information, the competitive multi-criterion score for Phase 1 for the immediate past applicant pool (2017) was 50 points, and for Phase 2 was 80 points. The competitive score is based on the top 40% of applicant scores, and so may vary from year to year. Students from the 75 point group have been selected f rom the alternate list as seats have opened.
Please review the RN Program Summary and Multi-criterion Selection Worksheet links for more information, and review the Info Session PowerPoint in "Related Links" on the left menu.