Mailing address: 980 Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940
- Continuing Education is an open access of classes that are offered to anyone in the community who is interested without an admission application process. The classes do not provide credit of any kind and MPC does not receive any state funding to support these classes. Continuing Education classes are fee-based, meaning students pay fees which support the costs of offering these classes.
- Continuing Education classes do not issue college credits. All courses in Continuing Education, with the exception of some Healthcare classes, do not issue grades. Some courses will provide a certificate indicating completion of the course.
- Continuing Education courses are courses offered to the community and do not require an MPC admissions application.
- Courses are geared toward those who are 18 years of age and older. Courses will indicate if content is suitable for those under the age of 18.
- Classes are held on the MPC Monterey and Marina campuses.
- Registration for most continuing Education courses is through our online registration system Regpacks or in person. If you wish to register in person, please contact the Continuing Education program at 831-646-4058 prior to coming in.
- No, these courses do not issue college credits nor does financial aid recognize Continuing Education courses as MPC courses.
- Our online registration (Regpacks) allows students to see course information, cost, and any upcoming courses. Simply create your account and select the course you wish to register. The course will then be added to your shopping cart, thus, proceeding to the payment screen.
Yes, registration can be made on the first day of class if there are still seats available, however, we highly encourage you to register before the first day.
*Please note that all Healthcare courses require registration prior to the first day of class.
Simply click on the link to Regpacks registration system and click Login at the top right hand corner. Under Email and Password click “Forgot Password.” From there you will enter the email that was used to create your account and a temporary password will be sent to you. If you forget your username, please contact Continuing Education at 831-646-4058.
- MPC Continuing Education does not share personal contact information with outside parties.
- Personal information is stored for future reference only by Continuing Education staff. Credit Card transactions are handled through a secure web platform.
- Continuing Education accepts debit/credit cards and personal and/or third party checks. Continuing Education can accept payments through some county programs. For more information please contact at 831-646-4058.
- All courses will need to be paid in full prior to the start date with the exception of our Healthcare training courses, which offer a payment plan.
- Continuing Education courses are tax deductible. Unlike college courses, you will not receive a 1098T. For more information please reach out to the Continuing Education program at 831-646-4058.
- If you cannot attend the class, we ask that you contact the Continuing Education program immediately 831- 646-4058. In general, refunds are not offered within 30 days of the first class meeting.
Please note: Refunds will not be issued 30 days prior to the first day of class. Students who withdraw after the class begins are obligated to pay in full and are not eligible for any refunds.
(All refunds subjected to an Admin Fee of $30.00)
- If a class is cancelled, a refund will be issued to those who paid. The Continuing Education program offers students the option of crediting their account toward future classes. Students will have exactly one year to use their credit, after which the credit will be forfeited.
- Transfers are handled on a case by case basis. If you wish to transfer into another course please contact the Continuing Education program at 831-646-4058.
- If a course is full, an option will be available for you to add your name to a waitlist. If a seat becomes available, someone in Continuing Education will contact you.
- Not all courses require a waitlist; however, if you are interested in taking a course that requires you to enter your name onto a waitlist, the list will be honored on a first come- first-serve basis. When your name reaches the top of the waitlist an email communication will be sent to you with directions on how to register for the course.
- If you are interested in becoming an instructor or have an idea for a course that you would like to teach, please click on the link and fill out the Course Proposal form.
Per MPC Board Policy 3570: smoking is prohibited within 20 feet of main entrances, exits, and operable windows of any MPC facility. Additionally, the use of tobacco- to include smoking and/or chewing any form of tobacco- is not permitted except in parking lots.*For full version of Board Policy 3570, please click the link BP- 3570 Smoking on Campus