"Two years of nursing school ain’t easy but with the help and guidance of the entire MCCSN faculty I survived it. Thank you MCCSN for making a nurse out of me."
Class of 2018
Welcome to MPC's Online Counseling Service for Students!
Have a quick general counseling question or can't make an appointment on campus? Click the green button to "knock on the door" of one of our available counselors for students and meet them online!
This convenient service is designed to provide short online counseling sessions for students who might not be able to visit the counseling center on campus or prefers to meet online. Our online counseling services are provided on a platform that is intuitive and user-friendly and requires no software download or installation.
Is Online Counseling Right for me?
Online counseling is perfect for current MPC students who have time constraints that make it difficult to meet with a counselor on campus.
Online counseling is available for the following services:
- General questions
- Questions regarding certificate/degree/transfer requirements
- Registration information
- Reviews or updates to an Education Plan
- Questions on assessment waivers and prerequisite clearances
What you need to participate:
- Any desktop or laptop computer with a camera (preferred).
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser
- Have your web camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with a microphone ready (your cell phone headphones will work great!)
- Android or Windows tablet device (video capabilities currently not supported for Apple iOS devices)
- Use Chrome
- Have your camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work great!)
- You will then be prompted to login using your MPC Lobo Apps username and password to authenticate as a student at MPC before beginning your session.
- Your session will begin with a text chat window will be replaced by a video window once the counselor "invites you in."
*Please note, all online counseling sessions will be recorded for record-keeping purposes.