A 1098T tax form is a document outlining the amount an MPC student was billed for tuition during the previous calendar year. It is most commonly used by people who claim education expenses when filing taxes. 1098T forms are mailed out to students at the end of January each year, for the previous tax year.
If you feel the amount reflected on your 1098T form is incorrect there are several factors to consider:
- The amount reflects how much a student was billed during a calendar year, not how much was paid.
- Billing takes place at the time of registration, so spring classes signed up for in December of the previous year are reflected in the previous year's 1098T amount.
- If a student received a scholarship or if tuition was billed to a third party, the student's billing may be less than expected.
If you have not received your 1098T or need to a new copy please visit Vangent.com.
- First time users will need to create a new account. Returning users will need to log in with their account information.
- If you have any questions when trying to access this information, please contact: TRA Services Help Desk at 1-800-223-0043, available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.
If you find that there is no 1098-T form on the Vangent website for you for the tax year you are looking for, and you did not submit your SSN or ITIN to the college:
- Go to the IRS website,
- Download a W-9S Form
- Complete Part I of the W-9S form
- Return this form to the Admissions & Records Office in person. Note: if submitting an SSN the Admissions & Records Office requires a valid, signed, social security number card.
We regret that MPC staff cannot answer income tax questions. If you have questions in regards to filing taxes please contact a licensed tax professional or visit the IRS website.
Still have questions? Please contact Admissions & Records at (831) 646-4002.