MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for: 

Admissions     •     Registration     •     Transcripts     •     Residency     •     Graduation


admissions FAQ
Who may attend MPC?

Anyone 18 years or older may attend MPC. You may also attend if you are under 18, provided you have graduated from high School, have a G.E.D. or attend as a concurrently enrolled student (grades 6-12). In addition to the general application for admission, some programs have specialized applications requirements and procedures:

Concurrently Enrolled K-12 Students
International Students
Nursing Program

When to apply?

MPC admits students all year round. Fall and summer applications begin in April or May. Spring applications begin in November. For specific dates please visit our Important Dates & Deadlines page.

Do I need to apply?

If you attended MPC for the last primary term (Fall/Spring), you do not need to apply again and may go ahead and register for classes as a continuing student. Please note: concurrently enrolled students must apply for admission every term they plan to attend.

When will my application be processed?

Applications are processed automatically. Most students receive a welcome email within 30 minutes. If you have not received a welcome email within one full business day, please contact Admissions & Records. 

Be sure to read your welcome email in its entirety. It includes helpful information such as your student ID number, and important notifications, such as nonresident tuition determination. 

I completed an online application and received a confirmation email, but I did not receive an email with my student ID number. What should I do?

Sometimes the welcome email with your student ID number is filtered out by the email providers. To obtain your student ID, go to the WebReg login page and click on “I do not know my ID number” on the column on the left. It will be emailed to the email address on file for you.

reg FAQ
Where do I go to register for classes?

If you have submitted an application and obtained a student ID, log in to WebReg and click on “Add/Drop/Register” on the red column on the left. Add your classes and select a payment method. You can ensure you are registered by viewing the “Class Schedule/Fees” section of the Student Portal homepage.

Can I register over the phone or at the front counter in A&R?

Registration is done online through WebReg. We cannot register students over the phone for security reasons. If you need assistance, please stop by the Admissions & Records Office—we would be happy to assist you on the computers in the lobby.

I am a middle/high school student. How do I register for a class?

Please follow these steps. Call Admissions & Records if you have additional questions:

  1. Fill out an application online. Within 30 minutes, you should receive a student ID number by email. You will need to re-apply each term/session for which you plan to attend.
    * Note: students 12 years of age must fill out a paper application form. You can pick this form up in Admissions & Records.
  2. Fill out a Dual Enrollment Form. The form must be signed by your parent/legal guardian and a school principal, and must include the courses that were approved. For students in grades 6-8, the Dean of Student Services must also sign the form (Please call (831) 645-1377 for an appointment).
    * Note: you must complete assessment tests before registering for math and English courses. See the Assessment Center webpage for more information.
  3. Submit the completed Dual Enrollment Form (and a paper application, if under age 13) to the Admissions & Records Office for authorization.
  4. Obtain an add code from your instructor, if necessary.
  5. Log in to WebReg and add your course(s).
  6. Double check and print your schedule to verify that you have completed the enrollment process.


I attended MPC years ago and would like to return to school. What do I need to do to begin taking classes again?

If you have not attend MPC for at least one full-term semester (Fall or Spring), you will need to re-apply to the school. Complete an online application to get started. Please see the Returning Students page for more information.

How do I find “late start” courses?

Click on the term you are interested in on the Catalogs and Class Schedules page of our website. Then, click on “Advanced Search” near the top left corner. From the “Full-Term/Short Courses” section, select “late start courses”. Then, click on the “Find Sections” button on the left.

Why isn’t my add code working?

You may have either passed the deadline to use the add code or you may have entered the add code incorrectly. Don’t confuse the section number with your add code.

To find out the deadline for using add codes, find your class in the Schedule and click on the dates link on the right side of the course information. If you have passed the deadline but have been attending class, you may qualify for a Late Add Petition.

If you have not missed the deadline: in WebReg, after clicking “Add/Drop/Register” on the red column on the left, enter your class section number (or click on the “Schedule of Classes” link). Then, enter the add code given by your instructor.

How do I change my grading option?

If you would like to switch between “letter grade” and “pass / no pass”, click on “Class Schedule/Fees” in WebReg. To view the last date to change grading options, click on the dates link next to the course and check out the “Last Day to Opt for Credit/No Credit”. If you have not passed the deadline, there will be a link under the “Grading Options” column of your class schedule. Click the link and continue.

What is the refund policy if I drop my courses?

You will be refunded for the full amount if you drop your courses by the refund deadline. If you used a credit card, you will automatically be refunded back to your card. If you used cash or check, you will receive a check in the mail. If you drop all of your courses, you will need to fill out a refund application for reimbursement of the term fees (student center fee, health fee, etc), which are NOT automatic. To receive a refund for a parking permit, you must return the parking permit to the Admissions & Records Office by the refund deadline.

If you did not pay for your classes and term fees, and you drop all of your courses by the refund deadline, the enrollment fees (and nonresident fees, if applicable) will automatically be removed from your account. However, the term fees will not. You will need to contact Admissions & Records to request that those fees be removed. Fee removals must be requested within the term.

transcript FAQ
Can I pick up my transcript in person?

Yes, however, you must turn in a Transcript Request Form in person. The cost for picking up a transcript in person is $15.

I am having difficulty using the National Student Clearinghouse to order transcripts. What else can I do?

If you are able to stop by the Admissions & Records Office, we will be glad to help you using one of the computers in our lobby. Otherwise, while no longer preferred, you may still order your transcript by submitting the paper Transcript Request Form to the A&R Office. This form can be found online and at the A&R Office. A&R only accepts cash, check, or money order payment for requests received in the office.

I am having trouble logging in to WebReg to get transcripts. What can I do?

On the WebReg login page, there are two links on the red column on the left that say “I do not know my ID Number” and “I do not know my Pin Code”. Click those and provide the information requested. Your Student ID Number and Pin Code will be sent to the email address you provided MPC. If you did not provide an email address, you may have success by logging in with your Social Security Number instead of the Student ID Number. If you attended classes prior to 2011 and have never logged in to WebReg, your Pin Code may still be set to your 8-digit birthdate (MMDDYYYY). If that does not work, try using various Pin Codes that you use commonly use outside of MPC. If you are still having difficulty logging in, please come to the Admissions & Records Office for assistance or call (831) 646-4002.

I cannot print out the Transcript Request Form and I cannot stop by the Admissions & Records Office. What can I do?

While not preferred, we do accept written letters requesting transcripts. The request must include your full name and any previous names used, mailing address, date of birth, Student ID Number or Social Security Number, dates of attendance, how many copies you would like, whether you would like rush or routine processing, and the address to which your transcript(s) will be sent. You must sign and date the letter and include payment.

I received a notice that my transcript cannot be released due to a financial hold. Why did this happen and how can I resolve this matter?

As stated in the MPC Catalog, transcripts cannot be released if there is a debt owed to the college. Fees can be paid online through WebReg or by submitting payment to the Fiscal Services Office. If you have questions regarding your fees, please contact either Admissions & Records at (831) 646-4002 or Fiscal Services at (831) 646-4043. Once your fees are paid, your transcript can be sent out. If you ordered online, you must send an email to If you submitted a paper transcript request and it was returned to you, you must submit a new request.

Can I order an official transcript online in the form of an electronic pdf and distribute it to other schools or people?

You can send an official transcript in the form of an electronic pdf to yourself; however, it is considered official only to you. Like an official transcript in a sealed envelope, once opened and shared, it becomes unofficial. It is best to send official transcripts directly to institutions, employers, or other entities.

Do all schools accept official transcripts in the form of electronic pdfs?

Not all schools accept electronic transcripts. You must check with the school first regarding their transcript policy. If the school does accept electronic transcripts, it is important to find out what email address your transcript is to be sent to.

I ordered a transcript and the school has not received it. What may have happened?

The time it takes for a school to receive a transcript varies, depending on whether the request was processed as rush or routine, the transit time in the US Mail, and how long it takes for the school to process the incoming transcript. If it has been several weeks and the transcript has not been received, please contact both the recipient and MPC. Replacements will be sent out on a case-by-case basis only.

residency FAQ Coming soon! Please see our residency page and residency informational sheet. If you have further questions, please contact the Admissions & Records Office.

graduation FAQ
I think I’m ready to graduate. What do I need to do?

The first step is to meet with an academic counselor to ensure your degree requirements have been met. A counseling appointment can conveniently be set up through your WebReg Student Portal or by calling (831) 646-4020. Please read over our Graduation Requirements page for additional information.

What are catalog rights?

Catalog rights determine which graduation requirements your petition must follow. Catalog rights are based on the academic year, which runs from fall to summer.
You can determine your catalog rights from the following conditions:

  • If you have been continuously attending MPC without a break during an academic year, then graduation requirements are taken from either the catalog in effect at the time of first enrollment at MPC or the catalog in effect at the time of the petition to graduate.
  • If a break in MPC enrollment occurs (no credit courses taken during an academic year), and you do not return to MPC, then graduation requirements are taken from either the catalog in effect at the time of first enrollment at MPC or the catalog in effect during the last enrollment at MPC.
  • If a break in MPC enrollment occurs (no credit courses taken during an academic year), and you do return to MPC, then graduation requirements are taken from either the catalog in effect at the time of re-entry at MPC or the catalog in effect at the time of the petition to graduate.

The major and general education patterns must be from the same catalog year.

How will I know if my petition has been approved?

You will know within a month of the end of the term in which you petitioned. If your petition has been approved, your degree will be posted in your WebReg Student Portal in the “Degrees and Certificates” section. If it has not been approved, or if there is an issue, you will be contacted.
If you are taking classes during the term in which you petitioned, please understand that your petition will be in a “pending” status until the term is over and your final grades have been evaluated.

When will I receive my diploma?

You will receive your diploma within 2-3 months of the end of the term – after all graduation petitions have been reviewed. It will be mailed to the address you provided on your petition.

How will I receive information regarding the June ceremony?

The Graduation Ceremony page will have general information regarding the ceremony. You will receive more detailed information after you have RSVP’d for the event.

Can I participate in the June ceremony if I (1) am taking classes over the summer? (2) graduated in the Fall or Summer the previous year? (3) might not pass my Spring classes?
  1. Yes. However, it is not a guarantee that you will receive your degree. Please ensure you have submitted your graduation petition and submitted an RSVP online.
  2. Yes. Those who have graduated in the summer or fall last year may participate in the ceremony. Please ensure you have submitted your RSVP online.
  3. Yes— you will not be excluded from the ceremony. The ceremony will occur before most petitions have been approved and degrees have been posted. It may turn out that you will pass your classes. However, if you are certain you will not pass your class(es), it may be wise to retake the failed courses later.
Where can I get my cap and gown?

The bookstore will have caps, gowns, and other graduation memorabilia on hand. For more information, please contact the bookstore at (831) 657-4680.

How many people can I invite?

There is no limit. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis.

I have disability concerns for myself or my guests.

The ceremony will be wheelchair accessible. We also have a sign language interpreter. Please stipulate on the RSVP form what accommodations will be needed.

Who is eligible to walk in the ceremony?

Anyone who has earned an associate degree (AA, AS, AA-T, or AS-T) in the Summer or Fall terms of the previous year, or will be earning degrees in the Spring or upcoming Summer term, may walk in the ceremony. At this time, only associate degree candidate students will be able to participate.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer