MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

IGETC or CSU General Education Certification

IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) and CSU General Education certification verifies that a student has completed all lower division general education requirements for the UC or CSU. The IGETC can be used for UC and CSU. The CSU Certification is for CSU only. Certification is reported on your official transcript.

Do I need certification?

If you plan to attend a UC or CSU it is highly recommended that you do so. Only a few out of state and private schools require general education certification. Check with the institution to see if IGETC or CSU certification is required. Before submitting a request for general education certification, you should consult with a MPC counselor to verify that you have completed all the requirements.

How to request a certification?

Complete the IGETC or CSU General Education Certification form.  Submit the certification form to MPC Admissions & Records with the applicable IGETC General Education Requirements worksheet or CSU General Education Requirements worksheet.  If you have questions or need assistance, you may meet with your counselor to complete the worksheet or you may complete the worksheet yourself.  Once a certification is processed, it is posted to the student’s transcript.

When do I request my certification?

Certifications are sent directly to the college or university you are transferring to - usually after you have accepted an offer of admission.  It is your responsibility to request general education certification once all of your courses are complete and grades are posted. Also, please make sure MPC Admissions & Records has received ALL official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, AP or IB scores, and high school transcripts needed to fulfill certification requirements. If you are unsure, please contact Admissions & Records

Why is it important to send a certification?

When MPC certifies your IGETC or CSU General Ed, we are verifying to the university that you have completed all your lower-division general education requirements. Without the certification you may have to complete additional lower-division general education requirements specific to your transfer university.

What the certification does not do.

The certification does not substitute for a transcript request or a graduation petition. 



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer