MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

Contact Info:

Phone:  (831) 646-4030

FAX:      (831) 646-4202


Financial Aid Is Now Available to AB 540 Students - The California Dream Act 

What is the California Dream Act?

The Dream Act consists of two laws that were passed in 2011 (AB 130 & 131) and allows AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:

  • California Community College Promise Grant: (formerly known as Board of Governors Fee Waivers-BOGFW)
  • State financial aid like Cal Grants, Completion Grant and Chafee Grants
  • Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
  • Private-funded scholarships

How do I apply for the California Dream Act?

Eligible AB 540 students will need to complete the following:

What is an AB 540 student?

A student is considered an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if he/she meets all of the following criteria including the expansion of SB68:

  • Attended a combination of California high school, adult school, and community college for the equivalent of three (3) years or more . Or three (3) years or more of California high school coursework and attended a combination of California elementary, secondary, and high school of three (3) years or more and graduated or will graduate with a California high school diploma or have the equivalent (i.e. California-issued GED, CHSPE)
  • Or completed or will complete an associates' degree from a California Community College
  • Or completed or will complete the minimum requirements at a California Community College for transfer to the California State University or the University of California

Please contact the Admissions & Records Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.