HOW TO APPLY FOR A DIRECT STUDENT LOAN
Click on MyFinancialAidPortal and follow the steps.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PARENT PLUS LOAN
Parent must do the following to apply for a Federal PLUS loan (PLUS = Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student):
- Go to https://studentloans.gov click on the "Parent Borrowers" tab. "Apply for a PLUS Loan" and "Complete a PLUS Loan MPN". Following the instructions provided on the website.
- Print out the MPC Federal PLUS Loan Application for the 2017/2018, complete and submit to the MPC Financial Aid Office along with the required document(s).
- Must not be in default on any type of federal loan.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Pass a credit check conducted by the loan servicing agency.
- A 4.276% origination fee (loans on or after 10-01-16 and before 10-01-17) or 4.264% (loans on or after 10-01-17 and before 10-01-18) will be charged to all PLUS Loans by the Department of Education. This fee will be deducted from the proceeds of your loan.