Who is eligible?
Any high school student or adult school graduate who registers at MPC for the first time as a full time (12 units or more per semester) student. Students must also apply for financial aid through either the FAFSA or California Dream Act to qualify.
What costs are covered by the Monterey Peninsula College Promise?
The Monterey Peninsula College Promise covers the first year enrollment fees for 12 or more units ($46 per unit), for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. Support for books, meals, electronic devices, and/or transportation may be covered if students qualify.
Am I eligible for the Monterey Peninsula College Promise if I received college credit before graduating from high school?
Yes, as long as you did not attend any college after you graduated from high school.
(Click here view our complete list of FAQs)
First Time Students, First and Second Year Free!
Monterey Peninsula College (MPC) is excited to add the Monterey Peninsula College Promise to its repertoire of student support programs. The Monterey Peninsula College Promise will cover the enrollment fees ($46 per unit) for the first time, full-time students (12 units or more) for the 2019-2020 academic year at MPC for qualifying students. The Monterey Peninsula College Promise adds another vital tool to MPC’s toolbox of student support services. The program is not limited by income, age or year of high school completion.
To be eligible, students must ...
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application
- Be a graduate of a California high school or adult school
- Be a first-time college student or second-year college student who met program requirements in the 2018-2019 school year;
- Enroll full-time (12 units or more);
- Select an educational goal to earn a certificate, associate's degree, or transfer to a four-year university;
- Complete an MPC Orientation session and develop an Educational Plan;
- Eligible students will be notified via Email by September 3, 2019.
For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions or contact Student Financial Services at (831) 646-4030 or email us: email@example.com