Welcome to Student Financial Services
Here, you will find the essential forms for Financial Aid, as well as additional documents a student may need to complete his/her file.
Please note that Financial Aid is money that is given, paid, or loaned on your behalf to assist you in paying for college. Be aware that financial aid will not cover all your educational expenses and it is the student's responsibility to budget properly for the academic year, with or without financial aid.
Steps to receive Financial Aid at MPC:
- Complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov or the California Dream Act at www.csac.ca.gov. MPC's Federal School Code: 001242.
- Activate your MPC email account 24 hours after you have enrolled in courses at MPC.
- Forms required to complete your financial aid file is available via your student portal at https://myfinancialaid.mpc.edu/NetPartnerStudent/Logon.aspx and can only be accessed after this office receives your FAFSA electronically from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Optional, (unless the Department of Education requires us to verify prior college(s) attended) request an official transcript(s) from all prior college(s)..
- If you would like to take out a Direct Student Loan, you will need to complete the steps found on your MPC Student Portal Menu under "Loans".
- Track your financial aid file at https://myfinancialaid.mpc.edu/NetPartnerStudent/Logon.aspx to verify that your file has been completed.
- Check your MPC email account for any Financial Aid requests or revised award letters.
Step 1: File a FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Need help? FAFSA workshops are available. See our website for dates and times. www.mpc.edu/financialaid
Step 2: FAFSA results are sent to student. (1-3 weeks)
Note: School begins receiving FAFSAs in February
Step 3: Track your financial aid file at: https://myfinancialaid.mpc.edu/NetPartnerStudent/Logon.aspx
Students with no grant eligibility are notified via student email. . (1-3 weeks)
Step 4: Student submits ALL requested documents. (??? Weeks? This depends on you!)
During peak processing periods (April -September), timelines could be doubled for steps 5-8.
Step 5: Financial Aid Office receives documents and posts. (1-2 weeks)
Step 6: File is reviewed, eligibility is determined, and discrepancies resolved. (Steps 4, 5 & 6 are repeated for discrepancies.) (up to 4 weeks)
Step 7: Awards are processed and Award Notification is emailed. (1-2 weeks)
Step 8: Awards are disbursed through Fiscal Services in the Administration Building. (1-2 weeks)
Making unnecessary corrections on FAFSA and/or submitting incorrect forms will cause delays!