Welcome to Student Financial Services
Here, you will find the essential forms for Financial Aid, as well as additional documents a student may need to complete his/her file.
Please note that Financial Aid is money that is given, paid, or loaned on your behalf to assist you in paying for college. Be aware that financial aid will not cover all your educational expenses and it is the student's responsibility to budget properly for the academic year, with or without financial aid.
Steps to receive Financial Aid at MPC:
- Complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov or the California Dream Act at www.csac.ca.gov. MPC's Federal School Code: 001242.
- Activate your MPC email account 24 hours after you have enrolled in courses at MPC.
- Forms required to complete your financial aid file is available under 2016-17 Forms.
- If you have attended any prior college(s), you will need to request an official transcript(s) from all prior college(s).
- If you are selected for verification, you will need to complete the Dependent/Independent Verification Form.
- If you would like to take out a Direct Student Loan, you will need to complete the steps found under Direct Federal Student Loan.
- Track you file under "My Financial Aid" on your webreg portal to verify that your file has been completed.
- Check your MPC email account for any Financial Aid requests or revised award letters.
Step 1: File a FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Need help? FAFSA workshops are available. See our website for dates and times. www.mpc.edu/financialaid
Step 2: FAFSA results are sent to student. (1-3 weeks)
Note: School begins receiving FAFSAs in February
Step 3: Financial Aid Office sends Tracking letter & sub-sequential emails, to your MPC email account, to request documents.
Students with no grant eligibility are notified via student MPC email. Check WebReg: "My Financial Aid" for updates. (1-3 weeks)
Step 4: Student submits ALL requested documents. (??? Weeks? This depends on you!)
During peak processing periods (April -September), timelines could be doubled for steps 5-8.
Step 5: Financial Aid Office receives documents and posts. (1-2 weeks)
Step 6: File is reviewed, eligibility is determined, and discrepancies resolved. (Steps 4, 5 & 6 are repeated for discrepancies.) (up to 4 weeks)
Step 7: Awards are processed and Award Notification is mailed. (1-2 weeks)
Step 8: Awards are disbursed through Fiscal Services in the Administration Building. (1-2 weeks)
Making unnecessary corrections on FAFSA and/or submitting incorrect forms will cause delays!