MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  • How do I apply for a Direct Federal Student Loan?

    For detailed information on how to apply for a student loan, click on Direct Federal Student Loan.

  • I received a Welcome or Request Email; what does that mean?

    A "Welcome" or "Request" email is a form of communication, notifying students receipt of their FAFSA or Dream Act and of missing documentation in their files.  It is a student's responsibility to update our office with a current email address so as to insure proper delivery of the first Welcome Email. All future email notifications will be sent to the student's email account on file. Please read all emails carefully and submit requested documents, (in-person or via U.S. Postal Service) to the financial aid office as soon as possible.  All forms are available online for download at the MPC Financial Aid website and through each student's personal MPC Financial Aid Portal.

  • I received an emailed Award Letter; what does that mean?

    Students are required to read their award letters.  The award letter will inform the student of their disbursement date, amount they are to receive per semester, and where to pick up their checks.  Please note that there are two (2) disbursements each semester and only one award letter will be mailed to you, the student.  Revised award letters will be emailed to your email account on file.

  • What are considered special circumstances?

    Special circumstances are one time altering events, such as a death in the immediate family, illness, or extraordinary event to the student, leading him/her to not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.

  • What does Drop-Dead Date (DDD) mean, and when is it?

    The Drop-Dead Date is the last day during the semester in which a student may add or drop a course without having his/her financial aid funds penalized.  Dropping courses after the DDD may place a student on Financial Aid Warning or Financial Aid Loss of Eligibility.

  • What does it mean to be placed on Warning?

    Being on warning means you have not met the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy Standards for one semester/session. You will need to complete a Warning Contract and submit to our office.

  • What happens if I owe money to MPC?

    If a student owes money to MPC, the student will not be allowed to register at MPC until the money is paid.  If the student has a financial aid disbursement that has not been receive, the money owed to MPC will be automatically deducted from the student's financial aid disbursement.

  • What is Loss of Eligibility(LOE)?

    Loss of Eligibility: This means that you have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements for at least two consecutive semesters and are no longer eligible for financial aid. 

    Loss of Eligibility-Maximum Timeframe:  This means that you have reached the 150% Maximum Timeframe allowed to complete a program of study at a California Community College.  Usually, MPC majors are 60 units and 150% of the major equals 90 units attempted. If you have a special circumstance related to the Maximum Timeframe, complete the Maximum Timeframe Appeal Application.

  • What is MPC's Federal School Code?

    MPC's Federal School Code is 001242.

  • What is the Ability to Benefit (ATB) Test?

    To be eligible for aid, you must have a high school diploma, a GED or its equivalent. PLEASE NOTE: Students who enroll in a program of study after July 1, 2012, will no longer be eligible for federal aid under the ATB or 5 units of college course provisions.  Student who are already enrolled under these provisions will retain eligibility.

  • What is the difference between Pell Grant and Cal Grant?

    The Pell Grant is federal aid and the Cal Grant is state aid.  Students who would like to be eligible for both grants need to complete the FAFSA online at and submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification form no later than March 2nd of every year.  Visit our website for more information.

  • What types of financial aid do you offer?

    We offer: Fee Waivers, grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.  You may read about these specific funds under Financial Aid 101.

  • When should I apply for financial aid?

    You should apply for aid between October 1 and March 2 of every year to be considered for maximum aid for the upcoming academic year.  Even if you miss these deadlines, it is recommended that you apply.

  • Where can I check the status of my financial aid file?

    MPC Student Financial Services is unable to disclose personal information about your file over the phone due to the Federal Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA).  A student may request information about his/her file in-person, using their MPC e-mail account, or by clicking on "My Financial Aid."

  • Where can I receive information about scholarships?

    The MPC Scholarship Booklet is made available to students every spring semester.  The booklet contains a list of scholarships for incoming, current, and transferring MPC students.  Scholarship recipients will be notified in May.  Scholarship funds are to be used for the following academic year. Outside scholarships are listed at Financial Aid main website.

  • Why am I getting billed for the fee waiver, if I was eligible?

    Some students may be billed for the fee waiver if they do not have a financial need of $1,104.  What this means is that at some point the student was eligible for the fee waiver Type C, but due to changes in the FAFSA or enrollment status the student became ineligible.  Students who become ineligible will be billed for the outstanding fees.