MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

Related Links


Grants are funds that are not paid back.  Application for grant money is made through the FAFSA at and Dream Act Application at

  • Federal Pell Grant: Applicants who meet all requirements will receive a Federal Pell Grant based on need and enrollment status. Maximum Pell Grant funding for 2018-2019 is $6,095.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG): Student who are eligible for additional assistance may be offered an SEOG if eligible for the Pell Grant. Funds are awarded based on priority and need.
  • Cal Grants: Cal Grant recipients must be California residents or considered an AB540 by the Admissions & Records Office. The Cal Grant application is separate from the FAFSA and Dream Act.  To apply, complete the FAFSA or Dream Act and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form no later than March 2nd or September 2rd for the competitive Cal Grant. For more information, see
  • District Grant in Aid (DGIA): Monterey Peninsula College provides institutional grants (while funds are available) to undergraduate students who have completed less than 48 college units.
  • Orr Estate Grant: Monterey Peninsula College provides institutional grants (while funds are available) to students who have completed 12 units, are enrolled full-time, and have at least a 2.0 GPA.

California College Promise Grant - CCPG (formerly known as the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver- BOGW) 

The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) is a state funded award available to California residents and AB540 students attending California Community Colleges.  This waiver is designed to waive the enrollment fee and reduce the parking fee.  This waiver is applicable from the summer to spring semester and ONLY applies to the enrollment fee

  • Students eligible for the fee waiver Type C will need to demonstrate a financial need of $1,104 as determined by the Financial Aid Office.  Students will have until the last day of the semester to complete the fee waiver application to the Financial Aid Office.
  • Type C Fee Waivers: If students are awarded a fee waiver and a Financial Aid Coordinator later determines that the student is NOT eligible based on the student's financial need, the student will be billed and responsible to pay enrollment fees.


Scholarships are funds provided by various donors.  Each scholarship may have a separate application process.  The MPC Scholarship Booklet is released during the spring semester and the MPC Scholarship Applications are due in mid-March.  Check the Student Financial Services website for a list of outside scholarships.

  • When applying for outside scholarships or visiting scholarship search engines always remember, "If you have to pay money to get money, it’s probably a scam." To learn more about scholarship scams, visit  


Loans are funds that need to be paid back. MPC is part of the Federal Direct Student Loan Program.  Students interested in borrowing are required to complete an additional application after completing their file. If you would like to inquire about MPC's two short-term loan programs do so at Student Financial Services.

  • Direct Federal Student Loans are low interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student's education after high school.  The lender is the U.S. Department of Education rather than a bank or other financial institution. Click Direct Federal Student Loan for further details.
  • For first time borrowers, borrowing on or after July 1,2013 there is a limit on the maximum period of time that you may not receive Direct Sub Loans. The maximum time frame is 150% of the published length of your program.
  • No loans are available during the Summer Session.

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study On-and off-campus jobs are awarded to students demonstrating a financial need. Special consideration is given to students who apply by the priority deadline and indicate they will accept employment.  The number of hours (max 20 hours per week) a student works during the academic year depends on the student's allocation and hourly pay rate, which is at least the federal minimum hourly wage.  An average award for Federal Work-Study is approximately $2,000 for the academic year.