The Meaning of AGS
- Alpha stands for "arete" which means "Excellence"
- Gamma stands for "gnosis" which means "Knowledge"
- Sigma stands for "sophrosyne" which means "Wisdom"
The Purpose of AGS
- to foster, promote, maintain and recognize scholarship achievement
- to develop programs offering cultural, social, or enrichment experiences as part of the total experience of the college
- to promote service to the college and the community
- to emphasize the development of leadership, character and good judgment
In order to be eligible for initial membership, you must meet ONE of the following requirements
- Be a lifetime member of California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- Completed 12 units of undergraduate work at any accredited college/university with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- Be a high school graduate with cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
AGS Application Form
Once accepted, in order to be a member in good standing, each semester you must earn a minimum of 15 points in the following three categories:
- AGS Service (minimum of 8 points)
- Fundraising (minimum of 4 points)
- Community Service (minimum of 3 points)
AGS Point Sheet
Click here for a description of initial, continuing, and permanent membership.
How to Join AGS
To become a member of AGS, you need to submit an application and pay $10 dues. You may do this at an AGS meeting or you may download an application and pay your dues to an advisor. Continuing members must re-apply each semester. If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com
- AGS meets each Friday at 10 am in the Almaden Room in the Student Center
- Can't come to meetings? You can still be a part of AGS! Just submit an application, pay $10 dues, read meeting minutes earn the minimum number of points (15) each semester through AGS activities.