Welcome to MPC's Online Counseling Service!
This convenient service is designed to provide online counseling sessions for students who might not be able to visit the Counseling Department on campus or prefer to meet online. Our online counseling services are provided on a platform that is intuitive and user-friendly and requires no software download or installation.
Is Online Counseling Right for me?
Online counseling is perfect for current MPC students who have time constraints that make it difficult to meet with a counselor on campus.
Online counseling is available for the following services:
- General questions
- Questions regarding certificate/degree/transfer requirements
- Registration information
- Reviews or updates to an Education Plan
- Questions on assessment waivers and prerequisite clearances
What you need to participate:
- Any desktop or laptop computer with a camera (preferred).
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser
- Have your web camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with a microphone ready (your cell phone headphones will work great!)
- Android or Windows tablet device (video capabilities currently not supported for Apple iOS devices)
- Use Chrome
- Have your camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work great!)
Online counseling will be available after the start of the Spring 2020 semester.
|TYPE OF COUNSELING||DAY||Start TIME
- You may meet with a counselor during the drop-in hours listed above by "knocking" on the virtual door of an available counselor (indicated by a green button on their Cafe Card shown below).
- You will then be prompted to login using your MPC Lobo Apps username and password to authenticate as a student at MPC before beginning your session.
- Your session will begin with a text chat window will be replaced by a video window once the counselor "invites you in."
Please note, all online counseling sessions will be recorded for record-keeping purposes.
*Select the "SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT/SCHEDULE MEETING" option on a counselor's Cafe Card to set up a time. After selecting this option, you will have access to the schedule of all counselors who have available times. All appointments start on the hour and last up to one hour.
Video chat with Online Counseling on Cranium Cafe