Welcome to MPC's Online Counseling Service!
Have a quick general counseling question or can't make an appointment on campus? Click the green button to "knock on the door" of one of our available counselors and meet them online!
This convenient service is designed to provide short online counseling sessions for students who might not be able to visit the counseling center on campus or prefers to meet online. Our online counseling services are provided on a platform that is intuitive and user-friendly and requires no software download or installation.
*ATTN: Nursing students, online counseling is now available with Mike Torres, please click here to access a page with all the details.
Is Online Counseling Right for me?
Online counseling is perfect for current MPC students who have time constraints that make it difficult to meet with a counselor on campus.
Online counseling is available for the following services:
- General questions
- Questions regarding certificate/degree/transfer requirements
- Registration information
- Reviews or updates to an Education Plan
- Questions on assessment waivers and prerequisite clearances
What you need to participate:
- Any desktop or laptop computer with a camera (preferred).
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser
- Have your web camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with a microphone ready (your cell phone headphones will work great!)
- Android or Windows tablet device (video capabilities currently not supported for Apple iOS devices)
- Use Chrome
- Have your camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work great!)
Online counselors will be available starting on October 25, 2018. Fall schedule for online "drop-in" sessions will be:
|Thursday, October 25, 2018
|| 5:00 p.m.
|| 7:00 p.m.
|Friday, October 26, 2018
||3:00 p.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Monday, October 29, 2018||5:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 30, 2018||5:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, November 1, 2018
||5:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday, November 5, 2018
|| 5:00 p.m
|Tuesday, November 6, 2018||5:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018|| 5:00 p.m
|Tuesday, November 13, 2018|| 5:00 p.m
|Thursday, November 15, 2018||5:00 p.m||7:00 p.m|
|Friday, November 16, 2018||3:00 p.m||5:00 p.m|
- You may meet with a counselor during the hours listed above by "knocking" on the virtual door of an available counselor (indicated by a green button on their Cafe Card, shown below).
- You will then be prompted to login using your MPC Lobo Apps username and password to authenticate as a student at MPC before beginning your session.
- Your session will begin with a text chat window will be replaced by a video window once the counselor "invites you in."
*Please note, all online counseling sessions will be recorded for record-keeping purposes.
Video chat with Online Counseling on Cranium Cafe