Personal Development 10 (PERS 10): Introduction to College Success
Complete the Personal Development 10 (PERS 10) course as an alternative to and/or in addition to Orientation. This short-term, 1.0 unit course provides students with information necessary for transition into Monterey Peninsula College. Students learn how to accurately assess their knowledge, skills, and abilities in relationship to their educational, career, and/or personal goals.
Objectives of the course:
- Identify activities necessary for successful transition into college
- Relate self-assessment data to specific educational and career goals
- Apply the various techniques and aspects of planning for educational and career goals
- Develop a plan that will address personal, educational, and career goals
- Identify and discuss career and major options related to individual potential goals
The PERS 10 course is a great option for students who would like additional guidance with establishing their educational and personal goals in a classroom setting. This course is offered on the Monterey campus or online! Completion of the PERS 10 course will grant students priority registration for the following semester.