Hello and welcome to
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
at Monterey Peninsula College!
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) is a state funded program designed to assist low-income and educationally disadvantaged students gain access to and successfully complete a program of higher education. EOPS students may also be defined as “at risk” since students who are academically underrepresented and have financial need often do not succeed in college without the services of programs such as EOPS.
EOPS CONTINUES TO SERVE STUDENTS
DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, MPC CAMPUSES HAVE BEEN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. MPC CLASSES AND STUDENT SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED ENTIRELY ONLINE.
Please keep in mind that while the college is open, the campus is closed, and that we are currently a virtual college. If you need any additional support during this time of transition, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our office.
Phone: (831) 646-4247 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are not alone, EOPS Family has your back!
We will get through this together!
Summer 2020 Intake:
EOPS Continuing Students Only
Intake and Mutual Responsibility Contract
In order to fill out these forms, please follow the following steps:
- Click on the EOPS Intake Application link
- Click the option to download the form and rename the file to include your first initial and last name, (eg. "J Koch EOPS Intake” and save it to your computer.)
- Open this document in Adobe Acrobat, it is a fillable form.
- Complete form, don’t forget to type your signature and include the date at the bottom.
- Save your completed form
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the Mutual Responsibility Contract
- Send your completed forms to Kacey Giammanco, her email is “email@example.com”
- Attach the forms by clicking on the paper clip icon on the bottom of email (or upper right hand corner if you are doing it on an iPhone) and clicking on selecting your completed Intake form, and repeat the process for your Mutual Responsibility Contract
(Click here to view a video tutorial on how to complete these forms using Adobe Acrobat.)
Your EOPS counselors are available to help you with questions and plan for the upcoming semesters. You can schedule an appointment by emailing your counselor directly.
- Kacey Giammanco: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Koch: email@example.com
- Yuliana Vasquez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stan Armstead: email@example.com
If you are in need of an emergency grant, please contact your EOPS counselor.
Please call EOPS office with any questions/concerns at (831) 646-4247 by leaving a detailed message.
Students can still access the MPC Food Pantry by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority Registration Dates:
- Summer 2020 Priority Registration begins Monday April 13th
- Fall 2020 Priority Registration begins Wednesday April 22nd
**Starting April 1st, you can check your priority status. Log on to your Webreg account and click on "priority registration".
If you have any questions about your priority level, please follow up with an EOPS counselor.
Free/discounted Internet service may be available. Students without internet service at home may wish to consider signing up for Comcast’s Internet Essentials program which provides affordable internet at home for eligible households. Comcast is offering new qualifying customers two months free service in response to emergency measures associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Note: MPC is not affiliated with Comcast and cannot guarantee their service. This information is provided for your information only.
Textbooks for Late Start Courses:
Please submit Textbook Request to email@example.com
Student Health Services:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-646-4017 for assistance.