Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Monterey Peninsula College campuses have been closed until further notice. MPC classes and student support services will be offered fully online.

FAQ - Current Students

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  • Can I take online classes?

    Yes, international students may enroll in units online each semester permitted they take at least 9 in-person units. If you are considering taking an online class, we strongly suggest that you discuss this with the ISP Counselor prior to registration.
  • Can I work while having the F-1 visa?

    You may work on campus for up to 20 hours per week.  During the vacation periods you may work full-time or any amount over 20 hours per week.

    An F-1 student may be authorized to work off-campus as part of the CPT requirements on a part-time basis after having been in F-1 status for one full academic year provided that the student is in good academic standing as determined by the Designated School Official.

  • How many units do I have to take per semester if I am an F-1 visa holder?

    12 units. United States immigration law requires that all international students on the F-1 visa be enrolled full-time, a minimum of 12 units each Fall and Spring semester.
  • Is there financial assistance and/or scholarships available for international students?

    No, international students are not eligible for State and Federal aid.  MPC does not offer scholarships directly for international students. Typically MPC does not provide scholarships for international students; however, there have been some opportunities for available scholarships but would need to be pursued once you’ve been admitted. Scholarships may be available in the 2nd year of studies.