MPC classes and student services are currently being offered fully online. Click for COVID-19 info for students.

Transfer Students

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

transfer students

You are considered a transfer student if any of these situations apply to you:

  • You hold an I-20 from a high school or college in the United States and you are completing your studies at that school.
  • You hold an I-20 from a high school or college within the United States and you recently completed your studies at that school.
  • You are completing OPT.

Transferring in

Your current school must transfer your I-20 

A new I-20 cannot be issued by MPC until your current school releases your record to us in the SEVIS system.

Follow these steps to successfully transfer to MPC:

  1. Complete the application for admission and be admitted to MPC. You will receive a letter of admission if you have been accepted.

  2. You must request your current school to transfer you to MPC by. We recommend that you submit your MPC acceptance letter along with the Transfer Form that must be completed by your current school.

  3. Submit the completed Transfer Form to MPC. Your current school will notify MPC of the pending transfer, setting a "release date" which is the last date that the school can withdraw the transfer.

  4. Your current school will transfer your I-20 to MPC.  

  5. MPC will issue a new I-20.

transferring out

Current F-1 students who are transferring to another institution must bring their admission letter and their transfer form from their new school to the ISP Office. Once approved, the I-20 will be electronically transferred to your new school.