- FAFSA-(Free Application for Federal Student Aid)-Money awarded to students to help pay for college
- Financial Aid for Minority Students- In effort to make higher education more accessible to these scholarships and aid programs. If you are a student with minority status. It's worth your while to see what's available
College/University Search Engines
- College Navigator-Find the right college that is right for you. Build a list of schools and do a side-by-side comparison. Explore different majors,levels of education (Certificate,Bachelor's, Associate's, Advanced etc.). Different institution types (Public,Private, 4-year, 2-year).
- CaliforniaColleges- The official source for college & career planning in California
- University of California- Learn more about applying as an undergraduate, or explore your options for graduate study at UC.
- Petersons-guide to college information
- AIE (Adventures in Education)-Learn about going to college and explore news and tips. Find career choices, see what you might earn in cities around the country. Find the scholarships that fits your talents and interest.
- O*Net –Occupational Information Network - US Dept. of Labor
Career information in outline format including: tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, values, education required, related careers and state and national salary ranges. Includes videos and wages by state as well as national.
- OOH - Occupational Outlook Handbook – U.S. Dept. of Labor
Includes nature of work, working conditions, employment statistics, training required, job outlook, earnings, related occupations and sources of additional information.
- California Occupational Guide Includes job duties, working conditions, job outlook, wages, benefits, education and other requirements, and training specific to California.
- InsideJobs- Provides descriptive profiles, insightful videos, and helpful career information for over 15,000 jobs in 10 different career families.
- Glassdoor- Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. Now with nearly 3 million salaries and reviews, you have all the information you might need to make your next career decision.
- California CareerZone- Information on 900 occupations includes California state specific wages, worker attributes, job characteristics, and more. Includes an interest assessment.
- Acinet- Occupational outlook information, wage and trend information, discussion of relevant skills and abilities, as well as online video "snapshots" of specific occupations.
- STEM Careers-Information about the need and demand of STEM related jobs
- STEM Career and skills-science, technology, engineering, or math graduates can find work in a variety of different fields such as; health care practitioners, teachers, farmers, top-level managers int the private or government sector, and even writers or artists
- American Chemical Society - Renewable scholarship for underrepresented minority students who want to enter the fields of chemistry or chemistry-related fields.
- SAE Engineering Scholarship Program - SAE scholarships assist in developing the future engineering workforce by helping students achieve their dreams of becoming an engineer.
- SMART Scholarship - Scholarship to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program - Scholarship to provide opportunities to attract highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students to aeronautics and related fields.
- NOAA Scholarship Program - OEd Student Scholarship Programs provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to gain "hands-on" experience, pursue research, and educational training in NOAA-mission sciences.
- TYLENOL Future Care Scholarship - Over the past 20 years, the makers of TYLENOL® have awarded more than $8.7 million in scholarships to students pursuing an education in healthcare. We are proud to support those dedicated to a lifetime of caring for others.
- National Student Nurses Association Scholarships - Scholarships and grants for students pursuing a degree in a health profession.
- National Institutes of Health Scholarship - The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute - The mission of CHCI Scholarship Program is to provide critical financial assistance that will increase graduation rates among Latino students in post-secondary education.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund - Our mission is to increase the number of Hispanic college graduates by providing scholarships and assistance to students and their families.
- Microsoft Scholarship - We support your pursuit of higher education in computer science and related technical disciplines. We know you’ll do great things in the industry so why not get started today?
- The Sallie Mae Fund Scholarship - Opening doors to higher education. Scholarship Database!
- TG's Milton G. Wright Scholarship Drawing -TG allows students to enter for a chance to receive one of our monthly $500 scholarship awards.
- Top 10% Scholarship Program - The 80th Texas Legislature created the Top 10 Percent Scholarship to encourage students who graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school class to attend a Texas public institution of higher education.
- Samsung Scholarship - Samsung Digital Presenters wants to know what high school students think about technology advancements and how it will change the way we learn in the future. Is it for the better?
- The Walter O. Mason and Matthew W. Taylor Scholarships- Scholarships for current TRIO students.
- LULAC National Scholarship Fund - LULAC offers a variety of scholarships for high school seniors, undergraduate & graduate college students through our educational arm, the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. (LNESC).
- Just Home Medical Health Care Leaders Scholarship - Just Medical is proud to announce our first ever JustHomeMedical.com Health Care Leaders Scholarship! As part of our ongoing commitment to helping families maintain healthy lifestyles, we will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one health care student.
- Coca-Cola Scholarship Foundation - Since 1989, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation has helped dreams come true for more than 5,000 outstanding students. In high school, these students began their journey of academic excellence, positive leadership and dedication to service.
- Dell Scholars Program - This is a program that looks beyond academic performance and grades. You don’t need the highest grades to apply. It rewards your determination to achieve great things through higher education.
- NAACP Scholarships - Each year the NAACP, through generous donations, is able to provide scholarships to outstanding students. It is the duty of our dedicated Scholarship Committee to determine the most outstanding individuals to receive these awards.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program - The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program, funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was established in 1999 to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline area of interest.
- One Medical Group Scholarship - One Medical will award a $10,000 scholarship to an exceptional third-year medical student with a passion for primary care.
- TASSSP Scholarships - Scholarships available to students who have participated in a TRIO Program during their high school years.
- SWASAP Scholarship - Scholarships available to students who have participated in a TRIO Program during their high school years.
- INTERTECH Foundation Scholarship - This opportunity is aimed at college-bound high school students, who have excelled in the areas of Math and Science, to move on to college studies in the area of computer science.
- Monterey Peninsula College -The Monterey Peninsula College’s Scholarship Program has succeeded due to the generosity of numerous local and nationwide donors that are listed here. Their commitment to educational growth and academic achievement is demonstrated by their financial contributions.
College TRIO Programs
- MCNair- Funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to prepare eligible participants for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. Participants are from disadvantaged backgrounds and have demonstrated strong academic potential. Institutions work closely with participants as they complete their undergraduate requirements. Institutions encourage participants to enroll in graduate programs and then track their progress through to the successful completion of advanced degrees. The goal is to increase the attainment of Ph.D. degrees by students from underrepresented segments of society.