Local Organizations and Resources
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
ACLU's Monterey County Chapter is working to protect and advance civil liberties and civil rights in Monterey County. They meet monthly here in Monterey. Visit their webpage or call their affiliate at (415) 621-2493.
The Access Support Network (ASN)
Monterey County Address:
340 Church St.
Salinas, CA 93601
Intimacy, Sexuality, and Gender Center of Monterey
Dr. Stephen L. Braveman (LMFT, DST) is the founder and director of the Intimacy, Sexuality, and Gender Center of Monterey. He is a licensed marriage and family therapist, AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists) Certified Diplomat of Sex Therapy, AASECT Certified Supervisor and Certified CE Provider, Gender Specialist (Member of The World Professional Association for Transgender Health - WPATH), and Tantra/Sacred Sexuality Facilitator-Practitioner. For more info on Dr. Braveman and his center, visit his website or send an email to: email@example.com.
To schedule an appointment, call (831) 375-7553.
494 Alvarado Street, Suite A
Pride of Monterey County is an organization dedicated to providing support to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community by providing periodic events and activities. Pride of Monterey County also posts activities that are pertinent on the Monterey Peninsula along with other current LGBTQ information. Check their Facebook Page or call 831-275-0720 to learn more about upcoming events.
Santa Cruz Area LGBTQ Resource Directory
The Diversity Center is dedicated to building a diverse community, promoting health and well being, and advancing social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and questioning individuals and their allies in Santa Cruz County.
Visit their website for more info or call at 831-425-5422
This local non-profit organization provides free, anonymous HIV testing and a variety of services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Suicide Prevention Crisis Line
831-649-8008 ,Toll Free 1-877-663-5433 or visit their website.
- Pride of Monterey County (listed above)
- Triangle Speakers Website (They also have a Facebook page)
- Yahoo Group: "Gay/Lesbian Email Network for the Monterey Area" (You must join the group in order to see any information)
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- Human Rights Campaign
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender US Peace Corps Volunteers
- LGBTQ Mental Health - A comprehensive guide by the National LGBT Health Education Center that includes research and statistics on the health disparities within our community. The guide reveals the inconsistencies LGBTQ folk experience in healthcare comparatively, and outlines steps for health centers and organizations to help fight the stigma while providing options and support for our community.
- LGBTQ Addiction Guide - A research-based awareness guide on a niche that is often overlooked - addiction in the LGBTQ community. Finding help with substance abuse is often more difficult for LGBTQ people, as many other obstacles are prevalent along with the fight with addiction - this in depth resource helps alleviate that stress by facilitating help in the form of useful information and support systems.
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Point Foundation: The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- Reaching Out MBA
- Amnesty International LGBT Rights Page
- Gay and Lesbian International Sport Association (GLISA)
- Global Action for Trans* Equality (GATE)
- Global Respect in Education (GRIN)
- ILGA-International Lesbian and Gay Association
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission