- Human Rights Campaign
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender US Peace Corps Volunteers
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Point Foundation: The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- Gender Spectrum
- The Trevor Project
- Campus Pride
- American Civil Liberties Union:
- Amnesty International LGBT Rights Page
- ILGA-International Lesbian and Gay Association
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
American Civil Liberties Union:
The ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country.
Lambda legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
In exercising our strength as a Bar Association, our mission is to provide a strong leadership presence of and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons in the legal profession and in the community at large, through education, legal advocacy, and participation in political and civic activities and social functions. BALIF members and supporters include San Francisco Bay Area judges, lawyers, law students and legal workers.
Name Change Resources
- Transgender Law Center (TLC): Provides information on other issues and resources available to transgender communities.
- Gender Health Center: Provides information and help to walk you through your options, understand the process, and fill out paperwork.
- ID Please - A guide to Changing California and Federal Identity Documents to Match Your Gender Identity
- Changing Legal Identity Documents in California
- Name Change for an Adult in California
Important! You do not need a court ordered gender change to change your California driver's license, social security card, or U.S. passport. You also no longer need a court order to have a new birth certificate issued reflecting a change of gender (for California birth records). You may want to get a court ordered gender change to amend your birth certificate if you were born outside of California. You DO need a court order for a change of name. Go to the resources below for more information to help you figure out your options.
Based in New York City and Washington D.C., Immigration Equality is the national leader in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and HIV immigration rights. We helped end the HIV travel ban, and we led the successful fight to secure green cards for LGBT families.
TLC’s Trans Immigrant Defense Effort (TIDE) recruits and trains pro bono attorneys to meet the urgent need for legal services for transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) immigrants.
Transgender Law Center (TLC) is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Grounded in legal expertise and committed to racial justice, TLC employs a variety of community-driven strategies to keep transgender and gender nonconforming people alive, thriving, and fighting for liberation.
Out Serve SLDN:
Mission: OutServe-SLDN empowers, supports, and defends the Department of Defense and military service LGBT community, LGBT veterans, and their families, while working to strengthen out military's culture of inclusion.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates:
Out & Equal is committed to ending employment discrimination for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender employees.